View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Thumbprint vs a sheet?

AcidKid

Bluelighter
I'm looking for people who have experienced some thumbprints before, and other high doses. I've never had my hands on crystal before, but I've got access to very clean fluff blotter and liquid, so the other day I ate a sheet of 100mcg stuff we named Stella, since it took the cleanness of fluff compared to say needlepoint, but one step further to where the come up was almost non existent, and if anything pleasurable vs slightly anxiety causing as a lot of L can do. Anyway, I didn't experience much I can remember, but it wasn't as challenging as I'd expected. Other than the fact that I also consumed some dirtier stuff 12 hours in and didn't sleep for 3 more days... But I'm wondering if anyone has any anecdotal evidence for how large a thumbprint dose really is. The way I see it I took 10mg without the ego death experience associated with doses like that. I mean my ego was gone for sure but it didn't fuck with me and I was perfectly fine as it dissolved if not even happy. no fear, no nausea... Now the Stella I ate is the best L I've ever come across, but I'm thinking I need a higher dose still? Who can add to this?

I have no experience with anywhere near these doses but I know if you didnt get to where you want to be at that dose then no dose will get you there because you were well past the point of receptor saturation.

Blech... I would take anything chinacat says with a huge chunk of salt.
That's a bummer, was definitely a cool story, but I don't frequent shroomery or know the users so I will take you're word for it.

after receptor saturation massive dosing is only an accidental thing (I cannot imagine who would accidentally leave it exposed like that) or staged for boasting purposes.

fortunately the LD50 is quite high, way beyond saturation.
dead acidheads can't boast.

I still consider the thumbprint something of an urban myth, but I am sure many people have done ridiculously high doses of LSD, of course. To me, there is simply no need for some reasons brought up here and elsewhere. I have taken over a milligram, for sure, with some tolerance, and it was mind-blowing, to say the least. Having said that, I think it is both a waste of perfectly good (and very expensive) crystal when it is totally unnecessary. There is nothing to be gained, in my opinion, but inundating your CNS with that much LSD. I cannot imagine what the vasoconstriction could potentially be like with doing ungodly amounts of LSD. And, I would never recommend anyone do it, regardless of tolerance. The times I did the most LSD was when I had wanted to trip two days in a row, after already having a high tolerance. So, I might have been used to taking between 4 to 6 or 700ug. Then, I would have to double that the next day for similar, but not quite "there" effects. But yeah...I was abusing it back then and I was living in an alternate universe for a few years back in my 20s. I went through many sheets back then, simply because my tolerance was high. Now, if I haven't dosed in a couple of months, I shoot for about 400 ug, maybe 5, and it puts me in the twilight zone. And I have been fortunate enough to always have had a great supplier, who always had really fine LSD, on paper and sometimes in liquid form. Liquid can be tricky, though, and never let someone else dose you with a vial or you might get the "accidental" shower of LSD in your mouth from someone who thinks it's a good idea to dose the shit out of you. I've seen more bad experiences with liquid than paper, for a couple of different reasons, including who may or may not have made the solution "heavy-handedly", if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
I never took more than half a sheet (50 hits) per a single session, and that was plenty. OTOH, no one ever offered me a thumbprint.

How do you guys eat 50-100 blotters? I cannot imagine swallowing that much paper

How do you guys eat 50-100 blotters? I cannot imagine swallowing that much paper
You can just chew on them for 5 -10 mins then spit them out. When i used to eat 2 or 3 tabs frequently id chew for no more then a min or 2 then spit them out. No difference between that and swollowing. LSD is very quicky absorbed once it hits your tongue

I still consider the thumbprint something of an urban myth
Same but I think people have run with it and have started doing it. I'm kinda bummed I didn't stick my finger into the crystal I was offered a few years ago. I would have if I'd been in a better location.

chew for no more then a min or 2 then spit them out.
So you don’t worry about wasting some LSD that way? I understand that such a small amount of a chemical dissolving in your entire mouth probably happens very quickly, but I also know that almost nothing in biology is 100%, so that at least trace amounts must be left behind on the blotters.
Did you ever try to re-use blotters that you had previously chewed on?

So you don’t worry about wasting some LSD that way? I understand that such a small amount of a chemical dissolving in your entire mouth probably happens very quickly, but I also know that almost nothing in biology is 100%, so that at least trace amounts must be left behind on the blotters.
Did you ever try to re-use blotters that you had previously chewed on?
If you're wasting anything it isn't enough to matter. Once it's in your mouth you're committed. We're talking about a chemical effective in micrograms. Most of the blotter doesn't even contain LSD.

I have an experience with a "thumbprint" however it was with AL-LAD, not LSD. 45 min after ingestion I stumbled out of my house naked seeking help and my last memory was me not being able to tell if it were day or night. Estimated dose was 7-15mg.

Can't compare it to eating a sheet, because that's way too much paper tho I have eaten 10 strips multiple times. IME LSD lasts much longer and retains lucidity up to a higher dose while AL-LAD gets very dreamy even at doses as low as 750ug.

In any case, if you are going to explore super high dose lysergamides (or any psychedelic for that matter), I STRONGLY recommend having a sitter..

Also, I find chinacats story to be entirely plausible..

If anyone wants to read the TR, it is located here: https://erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=112191