• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Threshold Oral Naloxone Dose

Marxist Junkie

Greenlighter
So as we all know Naloxone is poorly absorbed when taken orally with the universally accepted bioavailability being 1 to 2%. I have recently stumbled upon some Targins (2 to 1 Oxycodone/Naloxone).

Typically theraputic doses of Targin do not reverse opioid agonism but I am sure doses high enough will.

Does anyone know roughly what an active oral dose of Naloxone would be? 50mg? 100mg?

Cheers

I think it's quite variable orally. Very low, but 0.1& to 1% is still an order of magnitude.

So as we all know Naloxone is poorly absorbed when taken orally with the universally accepted bioavailability being 1 to 2%. I have recently stumbled upon some Targins (2 to 1 Oxycodone/Naloxone).

Typically theraputic doses of Targin do not reverse opioid agonism but I am sure doses high enough will.

Does anyone know roughly what an active oral dose of Naloxone would be? 50mg? 100mg?

Cheers
50mg is active enough to counteract effect of oxy for me.more can give you precip.withdrawl.even less,if you substitudes with targins stronger stuff

50mg is active enough to counteract effect of oxy for me.more can give you precip.withdrawl.even less,if you substitudes with targins stronger stuff
Yeah it seems 80/40 to 100/50mg of the Targin has more negative or unwanted side effects and less of the desired effects then lower doses.

Thanks for the input

Won’t open new thread for this so I’ll ask here.

Is there any potential in using naloxone to lower opiate tolerance? Or that is only property of naltrexone.

May be,if u used it in huge doses...which is meanless with oral BA of around 2-3 percent

Won’t open new thread for this so I’ll ask here.

Is there any potential in using naloxone to lower opiate tolerance? Or that is only property of naltrexone.
I think to having read that naloxone doesn't work as ultra low naltrexone does, possibly because it is pretty short acting.

Thnx both for the info. I consider to ask doctor for naltrexone but wanted to know if for some reason I can get only naloxone should I get it (rather wouldn’t have it prescribed, you know for job reasons or whatever, it’s not wise to consider medical data truly private, so if it isn’t effective I surely wont ask for it). For many things both naloxone and naltrexone work so I thought it might be for this to. But surely ultra low dose of naltrexone is better and safer as no drug is 100% free of negative effects and all kind of problems are much less likely from ultra low dose of medicine than full dose.

Ok, one more question about naltrexone than. It’s fairly easy for me to be opiod free while just smoking or something and I’m on low doses now anyway and skipped days altogether many times during last summer so would you rather recommended me to ULN or it would be more effective just to use big dose for a few weeks?

Getting opioid tolerance to 0 (or as close as possible) is one of my goals during this year for a lot of reasons, from obvious like better health to being able to travel without need for meds. I’m not who wrote that but I saw few people claiming they not only rested tolerance but got back “magic” and idea that I could get nice high from all opiods I did before sounds as good if not better than lowering tolerance. I don’t have big tolerance and last time I did strong opiate I did less than I ever used as I shared it and it was fantastic as always but at a same time getting good high from “weak” opiods, like partial agonist for example is long gone and maybe it would bring back some magic from them too.

Also lowering tolerance and getting back “magic” is repairing brain so to speak so it’s bound to have other positive effect beside that what’s obvious.