• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Three Year Old MDMA Powder

Dawglaw

Bluelighter
My buddy came over to borrow my test kit with a bag of white powder he found in his old college desk.

The stuff turned black immediately. He told me no one has touched that desk or bag for at least 3 years. It was presumably kept in the dark and in an air tight bag.

You think it's safe to take or he shoud flush it. I told him to flush it but I'm pretty risk adverse. He wanted me to get a second opinion.

Does he have suspiciouns it's mdms? If it's a good amount I would say spend the amount needed to send 100 mg to ecstacydata to get a lab analysis done and figure out not only if it's what you are hoping for, but also if anything else is in it.

Edit: http://www.ecstasydata.org

Did you use a single reagent or the full range of reagents?

It depends. For me personally, if I tested it with a full testkit with all reagents carefully (using a small enough sample so you can more easily notice other colors) and it tested positive with all of them I would consume. It's no more dangerous than getting a new batch from a dealer and ingesting it after it tested positive. MDMA doesn't degrade, it would outlive us all in that desk so that's not an issue either. You can never be 100% certain, not even with a full testkit, so to me it seems to be no more dangerous than ingesting a regular batch of MDMA.

Depends on where the desk has been of course. If it was in the house of your crazy ex that now hates your guts for years I would be careful =D

*edit* This is what I would do and is not necessarily the safest way. HR-wise the best thing to do is flush it of course or send in a sample as tacodude said

Last edited:
He thinks it was purchased as MDMA and the bag got lost when he moved his shit. I just want to check to see if anyone knows what happens to (presumably real via Marquis test) MDXX after it has been sitting in the dark for a long time.

To me, the risk is not worth it, especially after my LTC. However, he does not want to toss it unless he needs to.

It's completely stable, won't degrade or go bad if it's kept out of sunlight, out of extreme temperatures and out of reach of moisture. I've heard claims that if it was found in the pyramids when they were opened, it would still be active today and good to ingest.

So it all comes down to how much he trusts a purchase he made himself. It's just as risky if he went out today, got a bag of MDMA, tested it with marquis and ingested it after a positive reaction without any abnormalities. That is, if he is absolutely sure nobody touched that desk. That can be an added risk, one he should seriously consider. He needs to decide for himself what he's going to do, there's only one person responsible for what get's put in your friends' body and that is your friend himself :) I would test with other reagents just to be sure and if I was unable to I would toss it, but again, that's just me

Last edited:
By it turned black im assuming the test? If you're sure it's MDMA it's still good man! Don't flush it! If you don't want it I'll take it :p

Haha, yYah. The powder is white, was sold as MDMA and marquis reagent test turned black immediately upon application...

I guess my advice was dumb! BL saves the day (or at least a good time).

Shulgin stated that MDMA is extremely stable in most conditions, that stuff will be as good as the day it was made.

There's no reason it should have gone bad if it's quality MDMA that was kept in a dark and dry place

Does he have suspiciouns it's mdms? If it's a good amount I would say spend the amount needed to send 100 mg to ecstacydata to get a lab analysis done and figure out not only if it's what you are hoping for, but also if anything else is in it.

Edit: http://www.ecstasydata.org

i know this is off topic, but do they really require that much? 100mg?

Nope, but it's a good sample amount in case they need to do more than one test or something

Keep that shit man! Most of the MDA and MDMA crystals/powders I've been consuming lately are at least 1-2 years old, lol. Just been enjoying the last of a very close homies stash of goodies and they're still as potent as the day he got them.

Update: we took it last night for Chromeo. It was a fucking great time. Thanks everyone.

More than welcomed. Happy to hear the bag isn't going to waste and instead will hopefully touch a good few peoples lives. Just be careful and only share it with people you trust not only to not snitch, but also have the ability to handle the experience.