• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Three More Counties Join Durham Police & Reject Hassling Cannabis Growers/Smokers!

Si Dread

Bluelighter
Three More Counties Join Durham Police & Reject Hassling Cannabis Growers/Smokers!

Wow, now MY fucking county has stepped up! Who'd have thought Hahahaha! This is basically a public declaration of what has effectively been a defacto decriminalisation of cannabis on a small scale, at street level. Police accepted many years ago, probably around the time the dumb Labour PM's bounced cannabis in & out of Class C that their time is simply wasted on small-time cannabis offences!

I had half a spliff & a couple bombs of legal stim lifted from me by the pigs at Hammersmith station a few years back. It did not take a particularly long time to search me for the drugs they couldn't find, badger me for my drugs, confirm my ID & make me fill in some stupid piece of paper, but I hazard to guess it cost us tax payers a hell of a lot more than it saved! One dickhead Inspector tried to scare me a bit but some other bobby leaned over me & suggested I ignore him Lol In fact, I had time to remonstrate with this bobby who was about 8 feet tall & looked like he had bought his shoes from that guy in SA with the giant granite footprint & who (the bobby, not giant footprint guy!) suggested I might be unwise to smoke cannabis if I were asthmatic, but who stank of tobacco! lmao

From - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...they-will-turn-blind-eye-to-cannabis-use.html

Three more police forces signal that they will turn blind eye to cannabis use

PCC's in Derbyshire, Dorset and Surrey follow Durham in suggesting that catching dangerous criminals must take priority

Three more police forces have signalled that those who grow cannabis for their own consumption will not be targeted, it has emerged.

Those caught smoking or cultivating the drug on a small scale in Derbyshire, Dorset and Surrey, can expect to escape with little more than a caution, according to reports.

The development comes after Durham Constabulary declared it would only go after people using the drug if there was a complaint or if they were being “blatant”.

The change in attitudes will be seen as a further step towards decriminalisation and follows claims by drug experts that police forces across Britain are quietly turning a blind eye to cannabis use in order to focus their attentions on more pressing priorities.

While the Government has insisted it has no intention of relaxing the laws on Class B narcotic, police chiefs have increasingly been taking a more lenient approach, with users more likely to receive a warning than face prosecution.

Police and crime commissioners (PCCs) are understood to be coming under pressure to outline their priorities to chief constables.

Alan Charles, Derbyshire's PCC, said he did not support legalisation but no longer expects officers to chase people growing cannabis for personal use. The former Labour councillor told the Daily Mail: "When we are faced with significant budget cuts we cannot keep turning out to every single thing reported to us."

Kevin Hurley, Surrey's PCC, branded the row a "pointless debate", adding that answering 999 calls and catching dangerous criminals must come first.

He said: "On the list of priorities cannabis moves a long way down the chain." The third PCC, Martyn Underhill of Dorset, said he supported Durham's stance and was keen to investigate.

Steve Rolles, senior policy analyst with the drug reform campaigners, Transform, acknowledged last week that the situation varied widely across the country.

He said: “There are other police authorities that are doing similar things but they are not shouting about it. As police forces face increasing cuts they will have to make these decisions.

“I do not see this as an ideological position but a resource issue, directing their limited resources towards where they are needed.”A POLICE force criticised for "going soft" on smallscale cannabis growers is using public funds to send of-ficers for meditation lessons.

Meanwhile, it has emerged that Durham Constabulary is receiving public health funding from Durham county council to give officers and civilian staff the chance to take part in a five-week mindfulness pilot scheme.
The aim of the course is to help prevent stress and anxiety in those taking part and to give them a greater sense of "wellbeing".

The pilot is led by Det Sgt Hannah Bell, who said: "At first I thought 'are people going to really want this?' But people are really on board. Staff are more engaged and are enjoying their roles more."

Whilst I am pleased, why do I feel that we will only end up ruining it for ourselves? You will now get idiots taking the piss, and sparking up a spliff outside a school, or just being downright idiotic about it.

I firmly believe that one of the reasons cannabis legalisation has never (and probably won't) take off in the UK, is not only because of the war on drugs being a political football, but also the fact that Brits cannot control themselves, and must do everything is excess. This is why we can't have nice things. Just look at alcohol. I only have to step out my front door to see kids of all ages absolutely bladdered out of their minds and an absolute mess in the street. Lord knows what it would be like if cannabis was suddenly legal....

This would be great if it became the norm - think of the boost to the economy of all that free spendable money people would have if they could grow their own weed (and flog the odd bag) - and just maybe the ridiculous street price would start to drop.

Problem is the busybody smelling a crop and reporting it would still be responded to - which is the main danger now anyway :S

SR: there does seem to be something excessive in our culture, but the dope smokers demographic is getting quite old and (relatively) respectable these days - there'll be the idiots i'm sure, magnified through the media (probably employed by them)

Last edited:
Wish it would happen over here, you would 8 eight guards in your house at 6 bells in the morning for a single plant, there's fuck all other crime for them to prioritise and simple possessions are the easiest crimes to successfully prosecute compared to assaults which they prefer to bury.

It very much hasn't always been like that - it's been an arbitrary shitfest, with people being arrested because there's nothing else to do, or based on some capricious (did you know that means goat-like? as in capricorn) judgement made by a policeman who just doesn't like your hair (maybe your police area is better).

Being told that people who grow a small personal crop to supply their own needs would be ignored by the police would be life-changing for many people (if it was trustworthy and not just some vague pronouncements in a paper)

Unless enshrined in law, then this is more of the same, and it will remain arbitrary as long as individual police officers have have the power to decide what 'blatant' means. Prior to the knee-jerk re-reclassification, this was meant to be the informal approach of many forces throughout Britain, and there were still arrests and convictions aplenty.

An encouraging noise, but one inspired by lack of resources rather than any real progressive thinking, and still offers no protection in law. If they want to nick you, they can still nick you.

capricious (did you know that means goat-like? as in capricorn

Never made that connection, you learn something etc etc

Bluelight rox thru these sort of posts, why do all the kids waste so much time on school and university when they could be on here every day, picking up nuggetts like this?

Unless enshrined in law, then this is more of the same, and it will remain arbitrary as long as individual police officers have have the power to decide what 'blatant' means. Prior to the knee-jerk re-reclassification, this was meant to be the informal approach of many forces throughout Britain, and there were still arrests and convictions aplenty.

An encouraging noise, but one inspired by lack of resources rather than any real progressive thinking, and still offers no protection in law. If they want to nick you, they can still nick you.

... and in steps the voice of reason wasting his post & everybodys time overstating the completely bloody obvious..!

Touche!

According to this next article, even your ganga farm is safe from the law!

There are an awful lot of people out there in the world, not just stoners, who agree that cannabis should be legal! I hope that message is loud & clear!

Police have given up investigating small scale cannabis farms, one of the country’s top officers admitted yesterday.

Sara Thornton, who leads the National Police Chiefs’ Council, said cracking down on the growing army of dope-heads has ‘never been a top priority’.

The former Thames Valley chief constable said forces tipped off about a cannabis farm at someone’s home would probably only ‘record’ the fact.

from - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Chief-says-cracking-dope-never-priority.html

Pigs do what they want. Hasn't history shown this? They would rather be hassling weed smokers as a priority or so it seems, when the cunts know they could be doing better things, like real crimes. Even when it was decriminalised, they were still cunts. They never joined up to stop the crimes and help society, or to serve and protect. Even if told, I can't see them being sound and taking this advice. It's great that and all but it's not real progress, purely because all pigs are cunts, that won't take one bit of notice. Any human who is willing to take somebodies freedom away from them, And all they say is “I’m just doing my job”
But you chose to do your job, are you stupid or what?