• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Thoughts on psychedelic thought loops? (DMT)

kingkpin

Bluelighter
Just the other day for some reason I had decided I wanted to drop acid. Midway into my trip I suddenly remember a terrifying aspect of my DMT trip I had totally forgotten. I remember why my DMT trip was so terrifying, visuals, audio and all. I don't remember what got me into the thought loop but I just remember having a single thought and suddenly was overwhelmed by a feeling of deja-vu and an entity appeared and grabbed every bit of thought reality from me and shoved it into a fractal. The rest of his body was fractal like in shape and each time I had a thought he would take it, flip my entire field of view and show the thought into the fractal. As soon as the thought would come he would make an odd sound like "Oh, nope!" and then continually I would hear over and over again "nothing is real, nothing is real, nothing is real, nothing is real" then I'd think, "But wait... what about--- oh, nope! Nothing is real, nothing is real" And each time "nothing is real" would be said, reality would constantly flip back and forth and I would continually fly introspectively into this fractal that was consuming every thought I could have had. It felt as though this went on forever and for some reason it felt like this was what reality truly was and I convinced myself that, it scares me that I remembered this part of my trip, I totally forgot it.

Has anyone ever had something like this on DMT or something similar, and any explanation behind it?

To me this is the core of the psychedelic thought loop that I have experienced a variety of times that led to ego death. You described it well, that's what it's like. In fact on 2C-E I had the "nothing is real" thought loop, and I kept reflexively trying to deny its reality but I would immediately realize with logic (seemingly) that nothing is in fact real and I don't exist, in a fast, uncontrollable loop. It was utterly terrifying to me at the time, and then I reached the void and existed in nothingness. It's also happened to me on DMT, 4-HO-DMT, and mushrooms.

All of them were some of my best trips though. :) Difficult but amazing.

I got stuck in a loop thinking that reality is a computer matrix, it makes so much sense at the time that it's hard to dismiss the notion. The thought just latches on to your psyche an doesn't let go, and when it finally does your world view and personal reality are never the same. These things don't occur on all trips, it's all about learning to open the right psychic valves. The valves are connected to one of two poles, euphoria or dysphoria. Some times you lose your sense of reality and it is the most beautiful and true experience you know, other times it's horrifying and confusing. Tryptamines always trigger this for me, that why i do them so infrequently and usually solo.

My experience with DMT is limited but when I took MDMA and smoked DMT on the peak, I turned into a giant moving 3D fractal made out of huge blue cubes shifting around. I didn't feel as though I was forced into it and I wasn't looping, though

I get this like every single time i k-hole... basically whatever concept i am thinking of gets infinitely deconstructed down to a singularity until it snaps back into the original thought... then it starts again lol... I wouldn't call it terrifying or even bad though...