• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

⫸STICKY⫷ Thoughts on cshlp genome publication

Health Canada is funding a number of research projects. One is located in Toronto. If I can find references I’ll post them in this thread.

A real quick one, although this is from 2019 (olden days. 😎).

Really quick takeaways are;
-Can produce Cannabinoids in yeast. Canada has already agreed to or has purchased 36 tonnes bioengineered CBD from Germany
-Can produce novel and potentially more therapeutic Cannabinoids
-Can express Cannabinoids in plants ‘all over the plants’ and not merely in the trichome gland heads.

The work of breeders may eventually wind up being done in laboratories.

Tom

Here’s another, slightly technical article > https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8757041/ meaning designer weed.

Really quick takeaways are;
-Can produce Cannabinoids in yeast. Canada has already agreed to or has purchased 36 tonnes bioengineered CBD from Germany
With Canadas huge stores and production capacity, why are the buying tons of CBD from Germany?

With Canadas huge stores and production capacity, why are the buying tons of CBD from Germany?
Health Canada recently changed the scheduling status of CBD. You can now buy it over the counter, so maybe an increase in demand. But 36 tonnes? mo, it doesn’t make sense.

Maybe I had a brain fart. I’ll have a look around but I’m now starting to believe I was wrong.

Tom