• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

(?) Thoughts on 200mg ketamine suppositories and 12mg Emsam (selegiline) patches ?

thatjournalist

Greenlighter
I suffer from major depressive disorder, unipolar treatment-resistant depression and ADHD and have been experimenting with my psychiatrist lately to test various unorthodox treatment regimens. I began receiving weekly IM ketamine infusions of 150-250mg and using a 150 mg/mL nasal spray as needed about a month ago and it seemed to help manage some of my depressive symptoms decently, albeit not incredibly well. However, I have found the deep introspection and self-reflection induced during these trips to be very useful in helping me understand the root causes of my depression. Thus I'm now using ketamine more as a form of psychedelic integration therapy.

A few days ago I switched to a combination of daily 12mg Emsam (selegiline) patches, 200mg ketamine suppositories 2x a week and 100-200mg of modafinil as needed. I was originally concerned about a possible interaction between an MAOI and ketamine but my shrink and the data I've read indicates that there isn't cause for alarm. I'm now wondering if Emsam might somehow potentiate the psychedelic effects of my ketamine suppositories. Time will tell.

I've yet to start taking any of these and I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this drug combo?

Last edited:
I don't believe that MAOIs have any effect on ketamine, but I'm not positive on that. I would be more concerned about the modafinil but if your doctor says it's okay then it must not be broken down by MAO-B. Do let us know if you experience any difference in effects of the ketamine from the selegiline.

I don't believe that MAOIs have any effect on ketamine, but I'm not positive on that. I would be more concerned about the modafinil but if your doctor says it's okay then it must not be broken down by MAO-B. Do let us know if you experience any difference in effects of the ketamine from the selegiline.

I doubt that MAOIs have any discernible effect on ketamine either personally but it'll be interesting to see. As for modafinil, I've found at least a few case reports of modafinil and MAOIs being well-tolerated: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15341899.

I thought ketamine wasn't very active rectally? I wonder why they are giving out suppositories?