View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Thoughts of death

Kurkurlashay

Greenlighter
mdma, lsd, maybe fake lsd.. I don't remember much at all .. But everything reminds me of death, music ,TV , peoples conversations. I know I've fried my brain and just wondering if anyone could tell me if they have known someone like me my thoughts and if I'm going to die .. I have a MRI in a couple days I guess I'm anxious and wanting answers.. I will answer any questions best that I can

Last edited:
I abused a lot of LSD and had very similar thoughts...still kinda do. Something tells me you wont die, but you might be messed up for awhile. Wishing you the best of luck~

Sounds like a bad trip and hypochondria. Just embrace the thought of death and then you won't think about death anymore and you won't worry. It's what I did when I was a hypochondriac.

Hey sorry I didn't see this when you posted it. You're going to be fine. You're just overthinking. Psychedelics can cause radical shifts in perception and get you thinking about things, deep things. I think you're having trouble accepting that you could die. Perhaps you are a bit of a hypochondriac too (obsessing over your health basically, inventing problems that aren't there out of fear). You didn't damage your brain, you're just freaking out. :) Sounds like you had a bad trip, but people have bad trips all the time and are fine. Take some deep breaths, and realize you're going to be fine. I myself had a terrifying trip where I thought I was going to cease to exist, it was so horrifying during the trip and I had some intense thoughts and some difficulty afterwards for a bit, but now I look back and it didn't hurt me at all, in fact I learned a lot from it.

Sometimes experience some trauma on psychedelics, because of the intensity or whatever, sometimes thoughts can be disturbing especially if you're facing something in a certain way for the first time.. Plenty of people feel like they've fried their brain from psychedelics, but it's just a matter of working through the issue. Give your brain time to rest. Sleep well, eat well, exercise, and don't take any drugs including marijuana (seriously, marijuana often makes problems like this worse because it can increase paranoid/intrusive thoughts). We get plenty of threads in here about where people feel damaged after trips, and people turn out fine, it's just a process. The most important thing is to let go of the obsessive thoughts. We're all going to die eventually, that's normal, and something everyone has to accept. <3

OP, it's been a while, how did the MRI results look? And why were you getting an MRI in the first place (if you don't mind sharing that)?

I ask because you didn't fry your brain, so there must be something else going on?

I felt pretty awful after my first shrooming. Not right away, like a week later when I noticed trails and knew that I'd crossed some kind of line. But it passed. I came to see the trip for what it was, more like joining a group of people who can "see" a little more.

Then I tripped a whole bunch more, and let booze pickle my brain instead.

Fried? Unlikely.

Hungover as hell? Yes.

Perhaps you should wait a week, a month, before freaking out. You just took some fake lsd, mdma, and lsd, would it be not be logical to say that you're really fucking drained? It may be hard to do this, but I find extending your sights a little bit, and looking at yourself over the course of a month or a year in this situation is beneficial. You were once normal, and you will return to normal. I say fully revel in the strange and unsettling feelings you are describing, but also remember that this is a temporary condition and this will have it's own merit one day in shaping you into a happier, more well adjusted person one day.

Actual neurotoxicity in the drug world I think is a moot point. Even if you did get fried, it'd happen with repeated mistakes and chances are you wouldn't be conscious of the changes that are made. Please ignore the above comment, as this isn't something you should be worried about in the slightest.

(Much like a cave, your perception is darkened heavily, if you jump through the waterfall and face your fears, might it be brighter than what you're going through now?)

Last edited: