• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Thought id introduce with a homeless question, that has been touched upon;

BritishDrugMonster

Greenlighter
** For mods, kinda new, please move if it suits buddy's thx **

SO like, im reading about Xanax, dose peoples wildly varying suggestions... to be honest im not quite getting it;
i may be benzo niave, opiates, middling i guess..that will explain things.
i decided im gunna taper and knock opiates on the head for a while had a particularly wild two weeks, and a little voice went damn, son. better quit whist you ahead you got things to do!

anyway thats not the point was reading up on the various ideas of benzos and xanax in particular..
i aquired a bunch of 2mg barx (im gunna leave that typo i like it)
but im just not getting it compared to what others say, fair enough diazepam did b888lock's-squat for me really, just made me nervous of an impending...nothing.
so i thought id ignore a tad of opiate withdrawel with theses xanax for a few days plus some other bits and bobs like loperapide and Diphenhydramine, with a couple of tramadol and codeine on standby...

anyway...the main point is i ate a .5.. then ive just ate another .5 we are talking benzo niave here, so im sitting here i guess with a pint of cider, mildly relaxed, but i cant help but thing f(*k, me lets just drop another .5 and have a leisurely stroll to the shop and stock up on a few more drinks. dont get me wrong im having i mildly pleasant time and i feel something... but from what some people are saying i should be potentially in some cases lolling over the side of the bed out for the count, or on my 'unsteady' way to do something very dumb and stupid on this walk to the shops that im going to forget, im finding this is anything calm and lightly pleasant...

natural tolerance? coz i feel like another .5 four beers and another .5 after might be more the ticket (but to many i believe this may sound a dumbass thing to do).... am i grossly misreading the doses and spacing by being over cautious? id like input and by all means also make this discussion of your own experience here too,
Peace

About the opioids, id advise just going cold turkey and stop immediately and not taking codeine either. 2 weeks is gonna cause withdrawals, but they shouldn't last more than a week if it's only been 2 weeks. Tapering, in this case, will probably and up leading to a long term addiction. You really shouldn't be tapering unless you've been on it for at least a month, probably more. If you end up eventually getting off of it after tapering, the overall withdrawals would just be worse. Its fine to take some other drugs to get you through it, like diphenhydramine, but Xanax isn't a great idea here. You're risking swapping one addiction for another, because Xanax is way more addictive than the average person thinks. Its hard to compare a drug's addictive potential to one in another class because it greatly varies person to person, but my general estimate for the addictiveness of Xanax would be slightly more than hydrocodone(vicoden). Also, Xanax withdrawals are worse than opioids and last longer. If you do decide to use Xanax anyway, you should know the proper dose. .5 mg won't get you anything more than buzzed, probably nothing though. 2 mg is the average recreational dose, but 1-1.5 will still get you high. Xanax is pretty short lasting, so you only got a little high because you took 3 separate doses over time. Alcohol slightly potentiates xanax, but when people talk about mixing them it's because they feel good together, not because they make each other significantly stronger. Keep in mind opioids and alcohol both lower the lethal dose of xanax, so be careful. Xanax overdose is nearly impossible alone (it's like 250 mg or more), but with opiods or alcohol it's pretty low. There's no exact number, but keep the dose of all of them pretty low. If you can, completely avoid the alcohol. About the valium, you might've just taken a low dose too. 40 mg of valium=2 mg of Xanax in potency.

I can totally see your wisdom here, and please dont think i am contadicting let me explain further, as most of us experienced enough know *Wildy* different effects occur. It really can be a myriad of strangeness depending on ones own neurochemistry,
but im now thinking sheesh 1.5mg for a not exprienced in benzos (but one whos has been round the drug table off 'offerings', so to speak) is probably enough, for one day, but admittedly far too happy than others suggest stupour unconciousness and sleep....and theres me after all this (let me count to be sure; goin right yep, im going to cook, then take a nice bath and settle into bed knowing all i took was once tramadol this morning rather than my...hmm . i dunno daily .5-1g diamorphine... anyway im pleased. i dont really feel that these xanax are anything except for a mild distraction. I accept theres a trap, especially for most people, but im just not feeling any sort of 'effin heck, im gunna start on that..' nah its just not in my mind... anyway i will admit i have a very very strange nerochemistry with benzo's.. chlordiazepoxide.. fine.. Valium.. makes me twitchy and upset and im cursing it for having zero relaxant qualities, so much so i laughed down the phone at the gp telling him why the hell did the bush outside my house give me cause for alarm.

you have a good few points, which i am going to analyse, however the taper is done anyway i rapided that, with a low opiate on standby simlply because my cross to bear is painful fire joints escpecially the wrists..
not quite sure why its that but it is...

but this xanax stuff i think might be somewhat blocked in my brain, its doing some of its job in my opinion, but i cannot imagine any reason id rush out to find it again unless detoxing of a depressant in a hard way :)

with Xanax, and especially with Xanax and booze, you will feel perfectly fine in your mind but actually you are completely trashed. That's the danger of Xanax, it makes you think you are acting strait when you are actually fucked.

well seems like these replies you have should provide lots of insight. I didnt read them. I just wanted to add my two cents about Xanax. I have abused Xanax for over 4 years, and well thats another story. ALmost dying in ER from full Grand Maul siezures from xanax withdrawals and yeah dont fuk with benzos.

HOWEVER, xanax and alcohol is very risky! you can black out easy. Plus xanax wont hesitate to fuk with your memory.

I have many times, in my early usage of xanax, taken one bar, then later another bar, then possibly another one. i love that loosy goosy feeling. just pop a bar, feel good. then for some reason i want to pop another. Try to apply Discipline in your usage if you can. altho poppin a whole bar (2mg) would be fine for me. i dont know about you or your tolerance, or reaction. sounds like with the beers and continued .5 doses. if you havent taken anything yet (like on a new day) just pop a whole 2mg bar at once, better rush and will feel niiiiice!

now thats just how i would sometimes use xanax. but Benzos Demand Respect! please be careful. they are serious drugs.

Also, Benzos + Opiates cause dramatically increased Respiratory Depression. You can OD easily combining them. its very much like 1+1=5.... be careful.

Opiates can be quit old turkey.
Benzos and Alcohol can NOT! literally life threatening seizures can occur. please respect them. Yet on a day you are completely sober, pop a 2mg bar and i'll bet an amazing rush of relaxation and loosy goosy no worries euphoria will hit you. however, please please please, use high discretion and discipline for your safety.

God Bless.

Last edited:
I think you're expecting more from Benzos than they really are. They don't cause euphoria (except in rare cases for some, but not all, people with severe genetic anxiety), so it won't feel like opioids, with the warm fuzzy feeling that's both emotional and physical. Not even like the head pillow you get with weed. Its most comparable to alcohol, you get a high feeling but no euphoria. Benzos aren't very psychologically addictive (unless you're using them to treat a condition), you don't wanna go rush out to get more because you love it so much, they're very physically addictive. People use it regularly just cuz, don't feel the need to do it whenever they get the chance, don't fall in love with the high wanting to live their life on it, then one day after a week or two don't take it, and the cravings and withdrawal hit them. They don't rush out to get it because they're craving to get high, they rush out to get it to make the cravings and withdrawal stop. That's why it's so bad of a trap. You cant see an addiction comming, you can't tell if you like it too much to control, you just take it thinking you're completely fine then bam-you're hooked. And unlike opioids, you can't cold turkey quit or even taper at your own speed safely, you need to see a doctor and tell them everything and have them make you a tapering plan. Benzo withdrawal can kill you, and will almost certainly cause permanent neurological damage, probably physical as well. The chances of you being essentially prone to Benzos is very low, you're just falling for the seemingly harmless trap. Make your own choice, but keep this in mind.