• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

This was my downfall

QuE-dAwEiRd1

Bluelighter
Has anyone ever taken this type of combo..I drank 15-20 pills a day.Strangely it didn't make me drowsy but gave me a huge energy boost..I didn't do cwe because drank 5pills at a time.I'm sober 2 years not just asking out of curiosity haven't seen much threads about this paticular combo of ingredients and what effects it had on people that lead the to become addictive,for me it was the major energy and calmness the pills were----Adcodol contains the ingredients: codeine 10 mg, paracetamol (acetaminophen) 450 mg, caffeine 45 mg, and doxylamine 5 mg.and 4 Menograine (clonidine) at night with 5-7 adcodols.its an OTC here in South Africa schedule 2

Last edited:
That's a lot of acetaminophen you're ingesting. You probably got an energy boost from all that caffeine. I would stop using these tablets or at least do a cold water extraction. It hardly seems worth using for the small amount of codeine. (Homeless ------- > BDD)

Acetaminophen can result in several serious side effects when ingested in too high levels. It is not a chemical you want to mess with. I can only agree with T. Calderone on this. Sooner or later, you will suffer injuries from taking that much acetaminophen.

Codeine can lead to severe addiction. Often people who start to abuse codeine will change to stronger opiats or opioids sooner or later, as they don't get any effects from codeine when a tolerance develops. Some claim that codeine has a ceiling effect as they propose that at high doses of codeine CYP2D6 will not be able to continue the conversion of codeine to morphine, but apparently this is not empirically proven.

Be careful and consider your situation.

He said he is sober now. Think he was just asking about the combo of meds.

Yes I'm 2 yrs sober.I just always saw the codeine,paracetamol and doxy contents but the pills I used had caffeine too.I'm(female,not that It matters:)but ya used that with the menograine..

Sorry! She is sober now!

Congrats on that btw. It isn't easy giving up something you like.

Last edited:
The energy probably came from the caffeine. 5 pills was like drinking 5-7 cups of coffee. Surprised it didn't keep you awake at night when you took 5-7 pills.

Anyways, glad you stopped. Your liver is even more happy about it.

My question is was I actually getting a buzz or was it plain placebo..I did use benzos alzams and other high schedule drugs but that was near the time I decided to quit cold turkey now 2 years later I just want to know(might be pointless)if the OTC combo I used codeine,caffeine,clonidene,doxylamine was a placebo or in fact a buzz.was I chasing an imaginary high for most of 7 years?if so could that be the reason I had no wd after quitting 7years 21 pills a day habbit?the benzos and alzam I found were easier to quit,maybe because I used the for less than 2years I don't know but after quitting them everything felt more real,seemed more clear I had a new mindset so the thought of going back to my zombie state helped a lot in quitting them