• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

This "mangos intensify weed high" thing

I tried this accidentally I guess? I was in Hawaii and mangoes were everywhere, and I love them. Honestly, I didn't notice any difference, and seeing as I wasn't aware of this research, I was exempt from the placebo effects.

Mangoes are a good post smoke munchie food, since they are super sweet and juicy. :)

I love mangoes too! I don't believe it can potentiate cannabis but I do it anyways if I have them.

I've eaten mangoes and drank mango juice while high and did not notice any sort of difference or potentiation of the high.

I read this thread and thought Chainer was back....

then I saw the date by the time stamp. :|

I can't rule out placebo, but I can say that I've had positive effects.

Bout a year back I drank two Mango Tango "Naked" fruit smoothies an hour before class and smoked a small bowl before leaving my dorm. I was extremely high in class. Far higher than a small bowl would usually do for me, and it lasted longer than the usual hour or so.

Fast forward to a few months ago and I had some lemongrass essential oil in a gelcap (first essential oil experiment, no mangos for previous year or so) and ate it about 45 minutes before smoking and I took two hits of keif off a small hand pipe. I had a tolerance due to frequent dabbing and those two small hits had me cracking up into giggles while trying to explain to my mom why I smelled like a lemon (got some of the oil on me).

Since then, I had used the lemongrass oil about 10 times, usually rubbed into the thighs with olive oil as a carrier, and the effects were always noticeable but became less intense when used multiple days in a row, or if used later in the day after multiple sessions. I have found two constant effects:

1. The high always lasted longer. The usual one hour before the upbeat buzz wears down into the come down was extended to 2+ hours, and the comedown was much more dragged out.
2. The high was no longer dependent on the amount smoked. Taking one snap off the bong felt identical to 5, or a blunt. More pot added to the physical effects like they usually would, but the mental effects seemed to reach a plateau with a minimal amount of pot.

In the end, I think myrcene is a great way to make your .1g feel like it did back in high school, longer and more heady.

Disclaimer: this could all be placebo, though I would hope not after ~15 trials.

So just want to say I am eating a mango right now to test this hypothesis and I will report back to you all with the results... In the mean time, I suggest that you read this article . So I'll keep you posted with results.

What kind of monster would even consider eating and unripe mango?

South Asians/Desi or people from India, Thai people, and Mexicans eat them like apples or oranges. They taste sour, not sweet like the ripe mangoes. But they are not as sour as a lemon, quince, or bitter orange. They are also great for your digestion and have more vitamins that the very ripe sweet ones do not.

Never worked for me. I ate them before and during smoking and just got fatter.