• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

third taper

blaggybum

Greenlighter
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has any info about tapering for a third time from valium. The first 2 were very successful but recently due to a reaction with another drug I reinstated 11 days ago om valium only 4 months out from my last taper. It is hell though I have been on a variety of doses - i don't know what to do - stop the valium completely as it is only a short use, stabilise on an updose or what. Symptims are severe skin burning, anxiety and nausea - cannot eat or sleep last 2 days it seemed to work for the first week but gone rapidly downhill since yesterday.

Thanks for any advice

Given your history, you're probably going to want to stabilize on a low-moderate dose, then taper again.. If the first 2 tapers went well, I wouldn't detour from them..

- hs

HI,

Thanks for your response, I have chosen 9mg to try to stabilise on (doctors prescribed 10mg) so its a bit lower. Its my third day and the symptoms have started to abate slightly now so fingers crossed. What sent me into a tailspin was reading all of the horror stories on 'kindling' which I had never even heard of so just (in my paranoid panicking state) assumed that that was me.....

Jane