• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Third date girl into me, Facebook, when to discuss partners?

rollsolo

Bluelighter
Hey all,

Dating this girl and it's been great. Had a third date yesterday, spent the night at her place after an awesome time that evening. We have a fourth date planned and that'll probably go down next week sometime around our busy schedules. I have a couple questions.

1). We haven't spoke about previous partners or relationships. I kind of don't want to know and she didn't ask but as things progress should that be mentioned? I don't want to create tension so I think I won't say anything until she ask, what do you guys think?

2). I just got back to my studio after leaving her apartment and she Facebook friend requested me. I honestly don't want to friend her yet especially if things aren't serious. I hope she isn't put off by it nor ask me about it. I clicked the not now option so that we aren't for at least till I see where things go. What do you guys think this means, is she moving a bit high speed or is this perfectly normal. I don't use facebook much besides promoting my business but even so I like to keep the women I date separated from the Facebook as I've been down that road in my previous relationship 6 months ago.

How would you all handle this situation? All help greatly appreciated.

talk about previous partners whenever she brings it up, or if you want to talk about it, it does give some insight into you guys as people if you know your relationship history, but you might not want to get that emotionally close yet which is understandable.

tbh i'd just accept the friend request even if i didn't want to just so she isn't offended. its not exactly a wedding proposal tbh, just a friend request, you dont have to talk to her on fb if you don't want to, she prbly just wants to see your pics or w/e.

Yeah I just accepted. I didn't want to be a jerk. I mainly use it for business purposes as I run a blog and make shares. But dammit I hope I don't get deep stalked on.

You can always defriend her later.

Or use it as an in to stalk hervfamilyvand cause trouble when things go pear shaped

it always amazes me how much importance people give to facebook accounts.

who the hell cares who is your facebook friend anyway?

it always amazes me how much importance people give to facebook accounts.

who the hell cares who is your facebook friend anyway?

If it's used as a tool for professional purposes it's probably not a bad idea to care.

add her ffs. its not a big deal

also who cares about her ex's?

focus on your happiness with her at present is my advice unless they are still on the scene which is not good

If it's used as a tool for professional purposes it's probably not a bad idea to care.

if used for professional purposes one could always limit what viewers are able to do on it.
one could also separate a facebook professional profile from a personal one. and he has mixed them in the past before so it s not that "purely professional"

just saying. i was probably a bit peeved at the whole facebook thing so i hope i didnt come off too assholey ;)

one could also separate a facebook professional profile from a personal one.

This is a good idea.

and he has mixed them in the past before so it s not that "purely professional"

But now he's learning from his mistakes. Or wait, he tried to but actually didn't. What Dr. Phil always says about the best predictor of future behavior being past behavior must be true. Which is why maybe it's also a good idea to not have an attitude like this:

also who cares about her ex's?

how many people on here come on and make a big deal about their partners ex, the size of their penis's, their money, etc.?

quite a few. what i'm saying is dont get bogged down in that shit at date number 4.

obviously as things progress this info will slowly trickle out BUT you can let it cloud your thinking and thats not a good thing

its perfectly normal and just accept her. I often request people after I made a new friend. even if you two don't work out, you can be friends. its just Facebook not real life.

you should see the look on people s faces when i tell them i dont have facebook.
they instantly think im actually hiding it from them, and act accordingly

I know you already accepted the FB friend request but...

I think it's perfectly normal to friend request someone after a couple dates. Facebook friends are hardly "good friends" anymore. They are like... people you have met once in your life. Hah. Not everyone treats it the same way but this is a common way to treat it.

If you DON'T want to accept someone's friend request, don't accept it, and then make sure none of your posts are public so that person just thinks you haven't logged on recently.

If you don't want to be judged for something that's on facebook, don't put it on facebook.