• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

thinking of trying M/MDMA for the first time...

GGooDD

Bluelighter
hello, so i havent tried Ecstasy or MDMA before, but i went to a rave a few weeks ago, my buddies all snort mollys or something, they come in a clear pill and it looks like someone crushed it up and put it in the pill capsule.

questions
1) is a booze and weed mix fine? (im a regular thc smoker) (drink once a month or so)
2) its fine to orally take them
3) how many should i take ( i want the fullest effect)
3b) 2 at the start of the desire trip seems to be what alot of people around me have said, thoughts on this?
thanks!

The first time I took it I was really nervous. I wouldn't mix booze and MDMA because MDMA is wonderful alone. When I take MDMA I put it in gel capsules and take it orally. I would say for your first time depending on your weight I would go with 100-120 mg for my first time. (I had a friend who weighed 180 and he took 120 mg and he was good for like 5 hours.) If I were to smoke weed I would do it on the comedown because it makes it a hell of a lot easier to fall asleep IMO. I would also check out this website http://thedea.org/druginformation.html it should help with some questions.

Edit: Do you take any medications that are prescribed to you?

That first time I think you are better off with a smaller dose. You don't know how you personally react to mdma. I would suggest a dose of about 80 to 100 mg. If you feel good once the high has set in. Say an hour to an hour and half after the first dose, do 50 mg more and then stop.

Don't mix with booze. Save the weed for later on, when you are coming down from the mdma high.

hello, so i havent tried Ecstasy or MDMA before, but i went to a rave a few weeks ago, my buddies all snort mollys or something, they come in a clear pill and it looks like someone crushed it up and put it in the pill capsule.

questions
1) is a booze and weed mix fine? (im a regular thc smoker) (drink once a month or so)
2) its fine to orally take them
3) how many should i take ( i want the fullest effect)
3b) 2 at the start of the desire trip seems to be what alot of people around me have said, thoughts on this?
thanks!

1. weed is fine, a bit pointless during the peak of the experience though given how much more powerful MDMA is. drinking dulls the experience personally and i definitely wouldn't get drunk, a couple of beers is fine

2. oral is the best way to take it. snorting is painful, unpleasant, and shorter lasting. personally the high isn't quite as good too

3. we can't tell you this, we don't know how much MDMA you have in each cap. however, always start low if you've never taken a drug before. you can always take more later but you can't reverse the effects if you take too much...

thank you all for your advice, i understand the dosage thing, ive taken a a lotof opiates, DXMers, and some benzos, so i feel i can "handle my shit" when it comes to intense trips

thank you all for your advice, i understand the dosage thing, ive taken a a lotof opiates, DXMers, and some benzos, so i feel i can "handle my shit" when it comes to intense trips

It's completely different the opiates and benzo's. But I'm sure you'll enjoy :)

That's kind of besides the point though. It's not so much about 'handling it', because MDMA is pretty easy to handle anyway (apart from the comeup sometimes). It's the fact that lower doses can actually be more enjoyable (at least for myself and numerous others). I'd much rather take 120mg than 200mg for example. 120mg is a more clear-headed, energetic experience, whereas 200mg can more 'monging' so to say. Both doses will provide entactogenesis, but I prefer to be well & truly in the moment and low doses help to ensure that.

Hence why taking something between 100-120mg is better. Perhaps you'll prefer higher doses, but you should at least start at 100-120mg. I've been doing this for 2 years and a few months now and I've come to the conclusion that 120mg is the 'sweet spot' where I get the ideal high, followed by 50mg re-dose around 2 hours laters. Seems to work a treat for me. I never really feel the urge to take more, and I'm pretty compulsive when it comes to drugs really.

Don't think of MDMA like you would other chemicals, where more automatically equals better. Think of MDMA as a curve that flattens out, or even slopes back downwards. There is definitely an optimal point to hit to produce an excellent experience. Adding more may make the trip more intense, to a certain point, but that won't necessarily make it better. MDMA isn't that kind of drug. And all you'll really be doing is making the comedown worse and possibly reducing MDMA's effectiveness in the future.

With MDMA, less is generally better.

It's not so much about 'handling it', because MDMA is pretty easy to handle anyway (apart from the comeup sometimes). It's the fact that lower doses can actually be more enjoyable (at least for myself and numerous others). I'd much rather take 120mg than 200mg for example.

JWills is dead on with this. It's been my experience that taking more mdma than 120-150mg has much more of an almost speedy effect that can outweigh the euphoric and sensory simulation provided by lower doses.
Along the same lines of dosage concerns, it's highly recommended that you test the powder first. If you plan on not testing it, definitely start low. There's nothing worse imho than thinking you're talking a high dose of mdma, and finding out it's actually 75% speed or something.
To answer your first question, I wouldn't drink too much, but I don't personally see anything wrong with a few beers or a couple shots. Definitely keep the weed around for the end of your peak (you'll feel it, trust me) or for if the come up makes you anxious (happens briefly for some people)
Have fun and let us know how it goes!

Everything has been answered already. However I want to add one more thing: Keep in mind that smoking a lot of weed during a roll can turn the roll a bit more psychedelic. That's not really a problem except for when you don't expect this. Some people only get very minor visuals from this or even nothing at all but some other people (like me) get full blown hallucinations when they smoke a lot of weed during the roll. Especially on the comedown. I find this to be very fun but it isn't for everyone. I'm not saying this will certainly happen, a lot of people never get this, just be aware that it is possible...

Last edited:
Everyone hit the nail on the head. But I would have to say the most important thing is to test your gear. You just never know what your getting when it comes to Molly caps, even if your friends say its good. Always test ur shit.