View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Thinking of doing AMT Freebase/Tryptamine/Helpful tips/Advice/First time

TheCasualSmoker

Greenlighter
So basically i have made my mind up that i want to try an experimental chemical known as AMT, from the very little information i have researched(plan on doing more as it will take some time to arrive) i believe it is in the same category as MDMA maybe with a little more of a visual aspect, i think its exactly what im looking for, so basically i will be doing it by myself which i have tripped on almost everything by myself at least once so no worries there, but i just need advice as to what should i expect in general and any kind of dosages that would be recommended etc, im looking for more of a personal experience kind of thing here, i know i can research and i will, but its more entertaining to hear you guys stories and advice! thanks!:)

1 - plug it
2 - it will be boring doing it alone, I like a solo trip too and have had amazing rolls on my own too but IMO AMT is too much of a middle of the road drug to be fun that way.
Good company distracts me from the body load
On my own i'd just be a shaking puddle of sweaty goo half tripping on the carpet, unable to sort out the music.
Not so good
But AMT does divide opinion so other may not agree
3 - it's not really experimental.. but thats just nit picking
4 - someones bound to say this thread isnt necessary :p

edit -

oh yeah... after allergy tests i recommend 50mg plugged as a dose, no higher ( because its a bit trippier than MDMA with visuals IMO ) no lower ( its just body load and no fun if you under dose )

it's not really experimental.. but thats just nit picking

not really. the fact that it has been approved and prescribed as an antidepressant for many years (until too many people "abused" it) means that there's a lot more info and that we can judge the dangers much better than for a random rc.

It's not an entactogen/empathogen like MDMA. It's a psychedelic with those qualities.

It's pretty well bio-assayed by now in these online communities.

For 1-2 hours you'll feel like you're on amphetamines, then you'll feel like you're rolling for two hours, then next thing you know you'll be tripping for 3-4 hours, then you'll just be stimulated again. (Not exactly, but basically)

Take 40-50mg minimum.

It's almost ego-expanding, instead of lessening like most psychedelics, because you're so talkative and feel so good.

You do mean AMT and not 5-MeO-AMT, right (because I remember you mentioning 5-MeO in another thread, at least I think that was you). AMT is one of my favorite drugs, it's a beautiful thing. I actually enjoy it alone, but I enjoy it more with a close friend. I would plug it (take it rectally)... it reduces the bodyload significant, and makes the come-up quicker and easier, and slightly reduces the dose. I'd start with 35 or 40mg. I have never found it visual except that it makes colors very beautiful and gives a fuzzy haze to everything, but some people experience true visuals. It feels similar to MDMA but also trippy, and it's MUCH more clear-headed and "real" feeling. It makes my mind go very fast and I can talk quite well and want to talk a lot. At higher doses it can get a bit fuzzy in the brain and you'll be able to talk less well, but you'll really enjoy doing it. It lasts a long time, but the trailing off period is quite a bit shorter if you plug it.

Some people don't want to go the rectal route, but it's really not so bad, and it's worth it for many drugs, especially psychedelics, because it generally reduces bodyload significantly and for many substances, like the 2C-Xs, it cuts the dose in half. AMT is good orally too, but the bodyload is significantly more intense and the come-up can feel very intense and unpleasant, and you tend to get nauseous. The come-up period is difficult for many psychedelics, it's almost like you have to pay the price to have the experience, but the nice thing about psychedelics is that the come-down and aftereffects are usually nice and you end up feeling better than before you tripped (as opposed to most drugs where you feel worse after). But plugged, the come-ups are easier for most things.

^ This is the same advice I would give. PLEASE consider the rectal ROA, this can make the difference of falling in love with aMT or hating it with a passion... seriously. While I still find oral aMT worth the 2-3 hours of uncomfort worth the other 15+ hours of sheer beauty some just aren't used to such a heavy bodyload that may include some serious purging in my case so they will write it off when simply plugging or even IM'ing aMT can really smooth the trip and bring it to a reasonable length.

The only thing that differs from Xorkoth's experiences is that for some reason I find aMT quite visual. I would equate the visuals to about 100mcs of LSD. The more I use aMT the less visual it gets but the visuals are very much there and quite complex snd beautiful however they like to manifest in the dark. Xork, you said you prefer day trips with aMT right? Have you ever done any night trips with aMT? This may be why you don't get visuals. During the daytime I only get what I call "the HD psychedelic fisheye lens" which is just HD vision with a roundness to everything but at night the fully defined fractals make their appearance, who knows maybe you just won't ever get visuals from aMT....

My first trip with aMT (my first trip ever) seriously produced the strongest visuals I've ever experienced in my 7 years of psychedelic use sans DMT. I mean I saw fully 3D LSD style visuals, portals with 3d shapes, and a several hour blackout where I only remember flying through cities made of fractals. I should however mention that I ordered 50 mgs and eyeballed what I thought was 40mgs and bombed it without scaling it, this was silly as I now know I was sent at least a good 100mgs so who knows what my dose was, either way I couldn't have asked for a better trip. I know I've said this at least 10 times but I just don't want you going into the trip expecting no visuals and being bombarded with heavy visuals.... don't worry though, they're very friendly as is the headspace. I don't think I've ever had any introspection on aMT alone unless you count the initial anxiety introspection which I don't as I'm not clearheaded enough to process random thoughts that hit me during the anxiety phase, same reason I can't integrate cannabis introspection, too much info too fast, ridden with anxiety as well.

When I did 40 or 50mg, it was in the middle of the day in a national state park, and I experienced about the same level of visuals as 150ugs of LSD. Lots of neon metallic things coming out of everything, like reality was being broken through.

^ yeah some people get more visuals during daylight but I'm one of the night trippers. At most I get morphing or pattern recognition in grass or concrete during the day but there's nothing like lurking the city at night looking like a schizophrenic on the prowl being mesmerized by all the lights and fractals and stars in the night sky or even just sitting in a dark room feeling prescences enmerging from the fully formed landscapes your mind is srtuggling to make out from the pitch blackness is where the true visuals manifest for me. I miss aMT :(.