• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Thinking about going beyond 1/8 of shrooms for the first time...

bsyde82

Greenlighter
I've shroomed probably about 5 times in the past 3 years, each time 1/8 oz. Good time everytime, with the first time being the absolute most intense seeing it was my first time hard tripping on anything. 1/8 to me is still a good time, but I'd like to take it to another level now. I'm fairly comfortable with this stuff - have taken 4 tabs of lsd once, which was intense, but shrooms at its most intense is more intense to me than lsd.

Question is, how much more should I take so that it will noticeably enhance the trip, but not make me go into a place I don't want to go into? I was thinking just another 1/16 oz. Or would doubling it be the move here? I've also never smoked on the come up/peak, which I heard can greatly enhance the peak period.

Any suggestions/tips would be much appreciated!

I would probably add a gram. Just don't put yourself in a position where completely losing your mind will cause you trouble. I like doing shrooms while camping, where no one bats an eye at someone wandering through the woods like a lunatic.

Going up a gram or even half a gram can make a big difference, 4g of cubes i find much more involving than 3-3.5g

Smoking on the come up can be ok, it brings it on a bit faster but can potentially dull the trip, the peak is best left clear as it can turn the experience a bit dark or dull it again, really it's best saved for when you are definitely coming down, it can even noticeably stoke the psychedelic fire a bit and get it going again

Last edited:
Don't eat it all at once if you go to 4 past 5 grams. Making tea you can drink on the whole trip while also saving a gram or two to rl consume whole to initiate the experience while the tea gets you to the perfect level.

I've shroomed probably about 5 times in the past 3 years, each time 1/8 oz. Good time everytime, with the first time being the absolute most intense seeing it was my first time hard tripping on anything. 1/8 to me is still a good time, but I'd like to take it to another level now. I'm fairly comfortable with this stuff - have taken 4 tabs of lsd once, which was intense, but shrooms at its most intense is more intense to me than lsd.

Question is, how much more should I take so that it will noticeably enhance the trip, but not make me go into a place I don't want to go into? I was thinking just another 1/16 oz. Or would doubling it be the move here? I've also never smoked on the come up/peak, which I heard can greatly enhance the peak period.

Any suggestions/tips would be much appreciated!

I've gone from 0.67g dried up to 12.1g over a 2 year period. I made jumps of no more than 0.5g at a time up until 5.5g, and after that it was 1g at a time.

For your usage, I would think 1g added would definitely intensify your trip (in my opinion not uncontrollably so, although you might have brief moments of discomfort). Adding 0.5g should prolong the trip a bit without really intensifying things.

It's a good thing to be cautious when increasing mushroom doses, and I will always prefer to underdose; if I think 3g of a new batch is weakish then the next time I try them, I'd bump up to 3.5g.

Post how it goes in a trip report please?

Tom

I think I had 5 gram cubensis once. It was a heavy trip, including ape morphosis and other weird things. trip went very well and took about 4 - 6 hours, next morning my head was aching, no other negative side effects.

I always find mushrooms very friendly even at higher doses so have at it - throw in a couple of grams or more.

my trip is finally here (bachelor party in Joshua Tree). Another relatively experienced friend and I decided we'll take 5g, so 1.5g over our normal doses. I'll be back with a trip report.