• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Think i had an acute overdose. Will i be normal again?

BakedOnSomeSour

Greenlighter
A friend and i were tired of getting crappy molly off of the street because we always had bad side effects and on top of that we had to take .5 each to get a "good' roll. We bought some pure MDMA one day from a very reliable source. He told us not to take more than 150mg of this stuff. He told us that if we were taking .5 of the stuff on the streets than it had to be methylone or ethylone. So we started off taking 200mg each. After about 30 minutes we didnt really feel anything. Thinking we got ripped off we each split the rest of the bag (200mg each). About ten minutes after that we started rolling balls. 30 minutes after that we were absolutely tripping. Our jaws would not stop moving and we were sweating profusely. Eveything became very overwhelming. Our eyes started shaking very rapidly and thoughts and words became very hard to produce. The friend i was with actually lost his ability to make coherent and rational sentences. He became very angry because he could not understand anything. Several times he forgot where he was and who he was. He even entered dream like states where he thought he was in his house talking to his dad but in reality we were simply sitting on my front steps outside trying to ride out the roll. We both hallucinated several times throughout the night. After that night i had to stay awake every night. if i closed my eyes i thought someone was behind me trying to kill me. Whenever night came around i would get this weird panic feeling almost like a come up. i eventually took walks at night with my friend and those weird panic attacks stopped. Ever since that night though i cant even smoke weed. As soon as i smoke i experience major panic attacks and i get very irrational paranoid thoughts. I used to smoke weed and be happy. not anymore. Will i ever be able to smoke weed and be normal again. Even when im not stoned if i feel sick or something or my stomach hurtss i instantly tell myself im going to die and then i have a panic attack. What happened that night? Its been like 6 months since and im still having these issues. Will my brain ever recover. Did i destroy myself that night? Anyone experience the same thing? Please help

Take time off from drugs, get lots of exercise. You'll be ok but you might not be able to smoke weed without problem ever again. I can't smoke weed around others anymore and can't smoke skunk at all freaks me out too much lol but you'll be ok in time.

yea i need to get exercise. lately ive been lazy. No job, no school. Call of duty for 8+ hours. No friends. No life. My MDMA days were awesome but i feel as if ive damaged myself. i feel helpless all the time. Ive also been doing cocaine occasionally which im realizing now probably isnt helping anything. i do want to do MDMA but i never want to experience something like that night ever again.

They told you to take .15 so you took .2 and then redosed .2 after only 30 mins when MDMA is known to take up to an hour or even more. No offence but that's pretty reckless, at least you've learnt from it though.

You'll feel better again but it's important that you stay healthy, abstain from all drugs until you've been feeling 100% better for a while. Even caffeine can be bad for some. I feel you on the weed issue as I had a similar problem during a mild MDMA induced rut. I did find using St Johns Wort was a big help in 'fixing' the damage I felt from MDMA. You need more social interaction on your life too, a busy social life helps a lot.

You fried a bunch of serotonin receptors when you semi OD'd that night. Smoking weed does also have an impact on serotonin, so it makes sense that you dont act the same way you usually do when you smoke it now. I agree with the others here...take a long break and lead a healthy lifestyle with good food and exercise. You should be fine...the brain is definitely capable of recovering.

Oh God. That's how to overdose. Most people who die from MDMA is because they take too much because they haven't waited long enough to come up. Coming up is variable on how much you've eaten, how you feel and your tolerance to drugs. 30 mins is not a fair amount of time either, it can take upto an hour to come up. Especially if you are doubtful or not feeling good. I have taken 15 minutes to come up and other times I've taken an hour and ten. So be responsible.
I think your brain can make a recovery but you'll have to treat yourself good. Take vitamins and exercise. You fried your brain that night and you have a lot of making up to do. Stay away from drugs for a while now because anymore use will just disrupt your brain further. A long break from MDMA is required and weed isn't helpful to you either. Unfortunately this is the consequence of overdoing it. I hope you aren't feeling depressed or totally drained from the experience. If you feel very depressed at any point it's probably because of this so don't get too overwhelmed by it. Good luck.

^i agree Just dont roll anytime soon and stay healthy if you would have had a hard OD u would be in the ICU just be safe

Did you test your MDMA with a testkit? Apart from that I think everything has been said :D

You fried a bunch of serotonin receptors when you semi OD'd that night. Smoking weed does also have an impact on serotonin, so it makes sense that you dont act the same way you usually do when you smoke it now. I agree with the others here...take a long break and lead a healthy lifestyle with good food and exercise. You should be fine...the brain is definitely capable of recovering.
I think so too. Have to give it sometime.

You will recover but expect it may take a couple of years or more and that you will be changed from it. I had an experience that in many ways was similar to yours, and it was the end of the line for the drug fun train. I tried E a few times after that, but I would get bad anxiety leading up to dropping, and then once I dropped I basically would go into a panic and never really got a wonderful high. All that ever happened was that I could finally take enough that it killed the anxiety and then I'd never get loved up - I'd just get messed up and then have an E hangover from hell. Those kind of experiences are a form of trauma, and trauma tends to have permanent effects, even if they are subtle.

I honestly don't remember how long ago my bad experience was, but I'm going to say at least 3 years but not more than 5. Aside from MDMA abuse I also drank quite heavily, so I'm not sure how much that affected me or slowed down my recovery. My real recovery started when I decided to embrace sobriety and have been completely abstinent from drugs and alcohol while focusing on personal growth. Today I'm in the one of the best places I've ever been in my life, so I'm sure you can get there too - it's just going to take time and patience.