View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Things to do or watch while tripping on acid

Goofterslam

Greenlighter
Does anybody know of like a movie or tv show that is really crazy or intense while on acid? I've watched Magical Mystery Tour and Yellow Submarine while I was tripping. I'd prefer happy, colorful stuff because I don't wanna get scared while on this stuff I don't know what will happen to me. Thanks!

Dont watch the wall (floyd)

I rather enjoy it while tripping but PF can get pretty dark.....

Fantasia is cool......

Really id rather be listening to music or playing outside while on LSD

Hehe; watch A field in England. Extremely brief synopsis - a black and white movie about some English Civil War Deserters on a mushroom trip.

Tom

i love watching kids next door

anything lighthearted which has a universe that you'll not be afraid to get deeply into

like, if i were to watch trailer park boys, i'd def end up getting too immersed into it and start to ponder about seggregation, poverty and how humans are trash and twisted and well not a good time lol

on that reasoning, adventure time seems like a reasonable option

I remember watching the film Excalibur on one of my first mushroom trips and it just blew me away and has been one of my fav films ever since. But for me nothing improves as much while im tripping like some good music.

couldn,t find full film on youtube but here is the trailer

I took half a tab of 1p-LSD and a half tab of AL-LAD earlier and I just had the greatest time, just sitting. So I thought Why bother doing stuff, or watching movies when you can just sit and experience? (and then I got up to write this, disproving my point)

Other than that I can recommend Paprika , saw that on mushrooms, really wild
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0851578/

You can pretty much watch anything in the right mind frame. Personally I'd avoid anything that deliberately attempts to be a mind fuck. For a while my lady and I went on a john Hughes run. Pretty in pink, the breakfast club, ferris beuller.

Perhaps the most surprising afternoon was when I stumbled upon That's Entertainment on the television and was suddenly transfixed by a two hour montage of holly woods greatest musical and dance numbers

[video=youtube_share;ywKvXIR-z0I]http://youtu.be/ywKvXIR-z0I[/video]

Then again some nights I can just watch a campfire flicker for three hours too ;)

Get some Sillystring, candy, glowsticks, music and have a bonfire. Kaleidoscopes are great as well.=D

Predictably, I'd suggest The Grateful Dead Movie (1977)

I keenly remember a trip from my much younger years, i.e. the statute of limitations is long gone, which means, BTW, I'm going to be able to tell a lot more fun stories on Bluelight since my return. But anyway, I had gone out to a remote rural cabin to deliver some goods to this really degenerate family of rednecks, this is in really rural (as in may as well be in Kentucky) upstate New York, the recipients consisted of the paterfamilias, who was on disability due to brain damage sustained in some kind of snowmobiling accident, and his two young kids who he nonetheless shared his drugs with, really weird, fucked up scene. My ride was this neo-Nazi skinhead I knew through a friend, pretty cool guy and I wasn't about judging people by their ideology or their scene. So it was this really weird set of people, only thing we had in common was a shared love of hard drugs and acid. So after fixing, we all dropped a bit, and agreed to trade off on the soundtrack, first was some heavy metal from the residents, then some white power music from my ride, none of which was doing too good for my state of mind. I took a little Valium, and before I knew it, it was my turn, and I put this move on, and it was smooth sailing 'till morning. Then we found ourselves snowed in ... and the fun continued. Oh, to be young and country again. And wherever I go, whatever may happen in life, I will always love the Grateful Dead.

grateful.dead_.movie_.002.766x432.jpg