• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Things that make mdma comedown worse

Joeshmo15

Greenlighter
I know there are some things that make an mdma comedown worse like taking amphetamines because it just depletes your Brain even more.. I'm curious about opiates in particular though.. Would taking an opiate (hydrocodone) in particular the day after Molly use or 2 days after make the comedown worse after that because technically hydro releases serotonin, dopamine, etc. which is already depleted in you? Thanks

A quick search does indicate that hydrocodone interacts with serotonergic medications which I believe mdma falls under so I would guess that it would. I've never done hydrocodone before, though. Maybe someone else can confirm.

Not sleeping makes comedown's worse.

Codeine after mdma made me very sleepy, Not saying it is a safe combination. I was reckless at that time and sick of the aftermath. Escapisme made me sleep a good 18 + hours that time. I was being watched but showed typical sleeping behaviour.

Found this searching for Serotonin Syndrom: "Opioids with serotonergic effects include the phenylpiperidine series opioids fentanyl, methadone, meperidine and tramadol and the morphine analogues oxycodone and codeine. In combination with certain serotonergic drugs, e.g. antidepressants, they can provoke serotonin syndrome."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25860200

Last edited:
you'd have to be on them while taking mdma to "provoke serotonin syndrome".

you should be fine to take 5-10 mg of hydrocodone within a day or 2 of dosing MDMA.

I've never had a "bad comedown" from 30+ MDMA experiences so I'm not sure what you mean by that anyways.

You know what really makes coming down from MDMA worse?

Hungry infants.

wrap it up kids.

I've shitmixed MDMA with a lot of other chemicals and never noticed a comedown become much worse, really. I mean, mixing a dopaminergic to the point that you'll come down off of that, too, will technically suck even more.... but whenever I've mixed dopaminergics with M, the depression resulting from the serotonin downregulation always overpowers any other effects of a comedown because I just feel like shooting myself

However I've noticed a massively synergistic (asynergistic?) effect between MDMA and alcohol. Most of my friends don't seem to notice the same thing, but if I do M when I'm drunk then I'm absolutely floored for the entire next day, guaranteed 4+ hours of puking, possibly able to eat like an apple if I manage to roll over and light some weed.

in my experience, opiates of any sort didn't make the comedown worse, they kind of helped me get through it. but i was a dependent opiate user during those times so it might be different if your brain isnt 'adjusted to opiates.