• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Therapeutic etiazolam?

Intghrn

Greenlighter
I've been diagnosed with severe anxiety for years. But my doctor prescribes me only ssris which do not help me. He will not prescribe anything stronger. What are some therapeutic benefits of etiazolam? I have it in liquid form and was thinking of taking a half milligram in the morning and a half at night for insomnia. I have had recreational experience with this substance but would like to know is it a good alternative thereputic relief such and generalized anxiety and insomnia. With my insomnia I go to bed late and stay asleep for only a few hours. I also wonder if it will help my nightmares. Thanks!

And I am NOT asking should I take this I'm asking if it has any benifits

Honestly, I think your answers will differ quite a bit. I'll let someone else go over all the negatives of regular etizolam use (there are MANY). I do feel you though, because I have awful insomnia and am still looking for a solution. Honestly, find a new doc. Only rx'ing SSRIs is absolute bullshit, aren't they known for producing/worsening insomnia anyway? I don't know if you have clinical depression or GAD (I know you said you have anxiety but it's important to rule out other causes before diagnosing GAD). A shrink once told me she'd refuse to diagnose me with anxiety or depression before I got my chronic sleep deprivation under control, because that will cause anxiety and depression as symptoms, and SSRIs and ADs in general should really be reserved for diagnosed psychiatric disorders (her words, not mine). In any case, you should at least be able to get a more sedating antidepressant. Maybe even a Z drug or gabapentin (I'm currently considering one of those for myself). They are addictive, but they have nothing on benzos when used as prescribed. Actually, hydroxyzine is supposed to be effective for both anxiety and insomnia, and should be fairly easy to get as it's only an antihistamine, though you can get it online as well. Will etizolam work therapeutically for your issues? Quite possibly, yes. But I think it's far from the best option.

Edit: I somehow missed the first sentence of your question, so ignore the diagnosis part of my answer lol. I still think it's insane that your doctor won't rx you anything other than a fucking SSRI for your documented and severe anxiety.

etizolam is legit prescribed by doctors in some countries (i think japan and italy?), so it does have some genuine medical uses - ive always found it quite short acting, like the crack of benzos so itd probably be good for stopping a panic attack in progress but not so good for controlling anxiety in general.

Etizolam is extremely hard to measure. Youd need a very very accurate scale and be prepared to use gloves and proper safety. Also, unlike from a doctor you run the risk of getting fake or impure stuff.

I used to take xanax 3 mg per day and let me just say long term it was not helpful and did more harm than good.

Etizolam is extremely hard to measure. Youd need a very very accurate scale and be prepared to use gloves and proper safety. Also, unlike from a doctor you run the risk of getting fake or impure stuff.

I used to take xanax 3 mg per day and let me just say long term it was not helpful and did more harm than good.

Keep your benzo usage to no more than 7-10 days, ideally, as a short-term treatment for anxiety.

0.5mg etizolam = 0.25mg xanax

Dose no more than the equivalent of 0.5mg xanax a day (like you mentioned with 0.5mg etizolam day and night), but take care not to take it for more than a little over a week straight.

Legit my doctor (not anymore!) told me xanax 3 mg a day sometimes if you cant sleep up to 4.5 mg a day is safe and non addicting at a mere 160 pounds. . . To put it as nicely as possible, lets just say in my nonmedical opinion he shouldnt be able to practice medicine. I became super addicted I would rather repeatly punch myself in the testicles than deal with the hell of taking that again.

But, how could they even measure 0.5 mg without very expensive equipment id worry about overdosing on accident I mean we are talking one tenthousanth of a tsp spoon I think.

I bought it online. And its two mg per ml. Soif i use my syringe i could measure ROUGHLY 0.5 mg, i dont know if this is accurate though. And for clarification i meant only for panic attacks. To correct my self i mean not every day.

Etizolam can be therapeutic but also habit forming. I don't know why your doctor only gave you an SSRI drug. Have you told them the meds are not helping you? Be careful with self-medicating. I would start with .5 mg and only take when you have a panic attack.

^T.'s right. Benzodiazepines are super-effective medications. Just like if you're in pain, nothing's quite as good as an Opioid. If you suffer from anxiety, Benzodiazepines are a magic bullet of sorts, but just as with Opioids, the effectiveness of the medication can actually be a problem. They can be quite addictive due to their ability to ameliorate severe issues like anxiety and phsyical/emotional pain.

The key to using Benzodiazepines effectively is to use them as infrequently as possible and at the lowest possible dose and don't escalate your dosages.

^T.'s right. Benzodiazepines are super-effective medications. Just like if you're in pain, nothing's quite as good as an Opioid. If you suffer from anxiety, Benzodiazepines are a magic bullet of sorts, but just as with Opioids, the effectiveness of the medication can actually be a problem. They can be quite addictive due to their ability to ameliorate severe issues like anxiety and phsyical/emotional pain.

The key to using Benzodiazepines effectively is to use them as infrequently as possible and at the lowest possible dose and don't escalate your dosages.

I currently use it for anxiety. I use .5 mg tabs and it works. How often per week would you say would be safe to use without too quick of a dependency problem?

^That's hard to say. I would really say that you would have to take Etizolam or any short-acting Benzodiazepine at least once per day to actually produce some tolerance. If you were taking a longer-acting Benzodiazepine like Chlordiazepoxide (Librium), Diazepam (Valium) or even Clonazepam (Klonopin), this might be different, as there will be carry over from the previous day due to the long half-lives of these drugs.

I'm not a doctor. Just an addict with a lot of experience in the field, so take my advice with a grain of salt. I feel the ideal situation, if you choose to use Benzodiazepines, would be to limit your use to at most, every other day. If you find that this is not possible, make it once per day, at the time when you need it the most. If you begin taking Etizolam more frequently than once per day, you are running the risk of developing tolerance and dependence.

Don't escalate your dosage, ever. Get by with as little as possible. If you follow these rules, you can avoid addiction, tolerance and depedence and you can retain the effectiveness of the Etizolam at the same time. It's a win-win. If you get to a point where your initial dosage is no longer effective, this is an indication of tolerance. It is important that you approach this in a smart way. If you escalate the dosage, you are starting down a dangerous path. What you should do, is take a short break from the medication to, at least partially, reset your tolerance.

Question does anyone know how they could tell if they have indeed pure etizolam u read in erowid of some guy ordering a synthetic opiate and the benzo and thet mixed up the order labels. Idk of this is . True or not . but that makes me wonder about quality control

Question does anyone know how they could tell if they have indeed pure etizolam u read in erowid of some guy ordering a synthetic opiate and the benzo and thet mixed up the order labels. Idk of this is . True or not . but that makes me wonder about quality control

no pill ID sorry

I dont mean pill id i mean how do we even know whats in some vial sold by some random website seems risky to me.