Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television The Young Pope

I like when he confesses that he doesn't believe in God and has to retract it as being a joke, than his smirk goes to a stern look and you don't know WTF to believe. Def has promise as a new show.

This was just recommended to me as I wrapped up a series binge on Shameless. I'm really looking forward to it. Just tagging in here so I can be part of the discussion. :)

i watched the first episode and it was pretty interesting. i'll definitely keep watching.

alasdair

I hate how every time I attempt to edit a post on my mobile on BL, it ends up being deleted.

Revisiting the thread, I realized my post needed a couple paragraph spaces, along with a couple punctuation marks here and there.

tl;dr of what I had here before:

The Young Pope has very original camera work, great music, and does a terrific job of playing the camera and music selections against each other.

Also, that authenticity shows, and that good things come when directors stop biting off each other and shoot their own shit.

If you go to your browser options you can select view in desktop mife

I would highly recommend The New Pope. The controversial subject matter may seem, on the surface, a 'gimmick' to draw in more viewership. I urge anyone to brush that aside as it nonetheless delivers throughout the series. Jude Law's acting is tremendous as are many other characters' throughout the show. IMO even more noteworthy than the cast is the directing. I hadn't seen anything by Paolo Sorrentino before but I will actively check out his other works. I will hold off on my review of the season finale in hope of more jump in to discuss.

I saw The Young Pope a couple of years ago and it was good. Just noticed there is a 'sequel' in The New Pope, don't know why they didn't just make a second season, but the first episode was nice :)