• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

The Xanax Bar Epidemic

Drugs Incorporated

Greenlighter
Xanax bars seem to becoming a new trend, with the illegal trade pumping out millions of these fake Xanax bars, and rappers constantly talking about them in their music. My question is, why do people like being a zombie?

Last edited:
It's the feeling of having all of you're worries melt away. Being completely free from worry about anything. Muscles relax too and you sleep deeply. It's boring IMO, but I got addicted to ambien, so my heart goes out to all the benzo addicts. I know why they do it and why it's so hard to quit.

Xanax bars seem to becoming a new trend, with the illegal trade pumping out millions of these fake Xanax bars, and rappers constantly talking about them in their music. My question is, why do people like being a zombie?

Where in the fuck have you been? Eating your fair share of those Xanax bars gave you retrograde amnesia my dear.

The Xanax trend has run its course. Starting in the very late 90's, it peaked around the millennium and gradually decreased until we see the stable statistics of prescriptions per capita annually we are seeing today.

Yes, it was the most prescribed Benzodiazepine for years but not anymore. It is all about Zolpidem Herpimartrate now.

No epidemic, just stupid people doing stupid things. I regularly enjoy xanax without looking like a zombie freak. Posting stupid crap like this doesnt help with the image though, maybe you should get to know the benefits of drugs and drug abuse a little better.

The only reason they are so popular is because these raps that are singing about it and songs and these kids have no minds of their own and do whatever the sing about, same store with Molly coming on a map. Before you know it crack will be cool and rappers will be singing about i

Uh, this is nothing new.
Xanax has been a popular drug of choice for over a decade.

It's cringey knowing that these kids will get addicted to xanax or benzos in general just from hearing it on the radio. As an ex-benzo addict this makes me sick. I'm 6 months off and crazier than ever.

I think it's probably the dark net giving new life to distribution of Chinese alprazolam by Canadian and US pressers. It's brought the price down and supply up. Plus it floods areas in a way that prescription diversion can't--there's a big difference between selling 2-3 90-count scripts a month and getting 1000 in the mail whenever you want.

Add pop music containing more references to xanax than ever and you have a recipe for idiots doing dumb shit.

The Xanax trend has run its course. Starting in the very late 90's, it peaked around the millennium and gradually decreased until we see the stable statistics of prescriptions per capita annually we are seeing today.

Yes, it was the most prescribed Benzodiazepine for years but not anymore. It is all about Zolpidem Herpimartrate now.

lol maybe in South Africa, but not anywhere relevant...

I think it's probably the dark net giving new life to distribution of Chinese alprazolam by Canadian and US pressers. It's brought the price down and supply up. Plus it floods areas in a way that prescription diversion can't--there's a big difference between selling 2-3 90-count scripts a month and getting 1000 in the mail whenever you want.

Add pop music containing more references to xanax than ever and you have a recipe for idiots doing dumb shit.

It may be, I don't know.

I carry my own personally prescribed shit wherever I go.

I don't think doctors give Xanax scripts as readily as they used to just because of the name association.
I took it years ago as well as my mother and more recently we've both been switched to klonopin (different doctors).
I haven't had a psychiatrist even mention Xanax to me as an option in years and most people I know with prescriptions to a benzo have klonopin, Ativan, or Valium.
The only people I know who take it are buying it on the streets.

i've always much preferred the little pink footballs rather than the bars, but perhaps i;m in the minority..

Oh my soul, how uncouth, on the streets just like that.

What I just do here in "irrelevant" South Africa for some good old Alprazolam is go to ANY black/Indian/muslim/eastern-european Medical Doctor. 90% of the time its just a little 1-man operation in a 10 x 10 meter little practice in a random shopping park.

I go In, pay the ZAR300 fee to see the Doctor. I'm of a certain disposition, I don't judge, I just will not sit next to these sick people so you I hand ZAR100 or so to the nurse under the table I go through right away. From desk to Docter in 2mintes, no waiting an hour or more, ain't nobody got time for that.

Here comes the cool part. You sit down, greet the doctor, tell him that you would like A, B, C, D, X and Y and he just writes it all on his prescription pad, sometimes you leave without having made eye contact. Don't even start with doing an exan or to even ask why and for what you want it, he couldn't give a fuck he is lazy and he's not ignorant, he is making money ofd me and the ENTIRE consultation HAS NEVER lasted on excess of hige or take 180seconds - 4 minutes max.

Ooooh you can even so state the milligram and what generic/original/name brand you want. You go out of there with a legal little people piece of paper (6 x monthly repeat as well) so this is quick 20 minute mission to score shit that I can relax for months to come.

An "irrelevant" person in a white coat and having 3 "irrelevant" med school papers against the wall provides me with indoor, air-conditioned access to any array pharmaceuticals I want

Last time I went to a female Doctor, she at least asked what the immediate-release MS Contis IR. was for and I said I feel a headaches on the way. Came back with
- 90 x 10mg Morphine Sulphate IR
- 180 x 10mg Valium HCL tabs
- 60 x 15mg Midazolam HCL tabs
- 120 x 10mg Douglas Methylphenidate IR
- 120 x 2mg Xanor tabs and some anabolic steroids and anorexigenics for a friend.

Hahahahahaha! A doctor gave 90 x 10mg Morphine Sulphate IR tabs to a person for a headache that is still to come, oh my soul. It is so easy to get ANNYTHING you want in sunny South Africa. I love this place.

But obviously, the harder shit like Cathinone HCL, Cocaine, Crystal, Heroin etc. you only get on the street, thusly so aptly-named.
Not me though, I just go into my banks electronic wire-transfer app and make a quick untraceable money pin to the dealer to get on his mobile number which he can withdraw at the ATM and 10-30minutes whala! Pure see-through Crystal magically appeared in my postbox.