• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

The World's 2nd-Smartest Man Reveals The 'Brain Drugs' That He Thinks Make Him Smarte

Lactic acidosis yes, hypoglycemia no. At modest doses it's actually one of the safer drugs that hack your metabolism. I reckon taking 250-500mg of metformin a day is probably safer than drinking 2-3 Monsters per day, for example. I have yet to make up my mind if metformin has a safe place as an enhancer, as opposed to a therapy.

This is piss poor, freakshow journalism. The headline is misleading, because in no way does the subject of the article, or anyone who's had him as a patient, claim that his IQ has any connection to all that rigamarole he takes. He even states that he's not sure how much most of those supplements even do for him (other than the coffee), and the article implies he's taking most of them for health and longevity, not increased brainpower.

There's other people who do the whole transhumanist life extension thing better and in a more researched way (though even more over-the-top) than this guy -- google Aubrey DeGrey.

Indeed it is freakshow journalism. This guy is supposedly very intelligent; but has never actually used or utilized his intelligence.

I do take some fish oil and omega 3 supplements; but not in high doses, daily, and I get most of them from my diet.

Haha well said. Anyone who says shit like "Few things would make me happier than human extinction." on anything except the worst day of their lives should put their money where their mouth is and take us one life closer to extinction.

Let's not suggest that anyone, anywhere commit suicide.
Anyone who says "Few things would make me happier than human extinction" is clearly deeply depressed.
Saying such a thing to them is very uncool, and certainly against the rules here.
There are other ways to point out that their statement is ridiculously sad and pathetic.
More than anything, it is likely to be a cry for help, rather than a serious philosophical position, so we don't want to rub salt in the wounds of someone who is injured.

I'll believe he's the worlds second smartest man the day he actually puts his supposed brilliant intellect to work and does something significant to help humanity. Until then he's just the world's second best test sitter.

IQ tests are like MENSA membership, just an excuse for people who don't actually do anything that contributes to society to jerk off over how allegedly smart they are because they're good at sitting tests.

I have to agree with you. Second-best test sitter is a beautiful way of describing this situation.

Let's not suggest that anyone, anywhere commit suicide.
Anyone who says "Few things would make me happier than human extinction" is clearly deeply depressed.
Saying such a thing to them is very uncool, and certainly against the rules here.
There are other ways to point out that their statement is ridiculously sad and pathetic.
More than anything, it is likely to be a cry for help, rather than a serious philosophical position, so we don't want to rub salt in the wounds of someone who is injured.

Nonsense, it's just juvenile, attention seeking faux-misanthropy. Truly depressed people don't take it out on the world, they take it out on themselves.

^ Regardless of how you interpret the seriousness of the original statement, it is inappropriate to suggest that anyone commit suicide.
That is what I am talking about.

^ Or at least they like to make that claim when they are anonymously posting on the internet....