• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The way young people are using MDMA in the UK

terarc

Bluelighter
I'm a student in the UK and one thing that I find hard to understand is the way some of the people I hang round with will use MDMA. For example it seems customary for most users I know to be dropping at least once a week if not two or three times, without anything more than one or two weeks break every now and again. This is from what I can observe at least. Now this has been going on for at least a good 3 months + now and I'm pretty sure a lot of them used it before I knew them for some time, and I don't understand how they can't be feeling utterly fried and depressed. I haven't spoken to them personally about negatives but they certainly seem fine and continue to use without worry. From what I can gather when they were back home they used like this too and generally it seems to be the way people of this age use MDMA in the UK.

Now they don't test their stuff, and take sometimes up to 500mg per night, and yes it's possible that it might not be MDMA, but surely a good portion of the time it must be, as I know MDMA quality is bad, but it can't be that bad. They are going to be sampling some of the lab analysed 90%+ stuff they're getting from my source soon, so I'll have to see if they notice any differences

Don't worry, they've had a few years experience before they get to university. Plenty of practice.

I had friends like that as well when I lived in the UK... Tolerance builds quickly if you use every week! At some point that 200mg dose isn't much more than a little rush to those guys. Two of my friends would habitually split a gram between the two of them for the night out. Take about half of that before they went out and take pinkies of the rest to keep them going throughout the night. This went on for a couple of months (like quite badly), and I warned them multiple times they'd fry their minds at this rate. They said they always felt fine and that I was overreacting, they weren't using THAT much. At some point LTC kicked in though and both of them complained of getting brain zaps and not being able to get out of bed in the mornings, etc.

Seriously doses like that of untested compounds make me cringe. I'm suprised we don't see more deaths from that area but they must just get stepped on md. You shouldn't even really build a tolerance unless your abusing the chemical.

Im also a student in the Uk, and I'm also one of those peeps who drop quite frequently! i've been doing this for at least 4 years and feel fine and getting on with my degree absolutely fine! i think some people on here....especially americans take the whole dropping thing way to seriously.....its only a bit of fun!! its not the drug that makes the night, its the rave/clubnight/house party that does! Mandy just adds to the experience. And BTW The UK does not suck, we have some of the best underground music scenes in the world....crazy house parties and free parties all over the place!

Honestly, I am from the US and my friends use MDMA the exact same way so don't feel like it's just the UK.
it is very alarming

Why do you think it's alarming? I guess you wouldn't be alarmed to find out some people sometimes drink alcohol twice a week too?

Drinking twice a week is also alarming.
MDMA can cause damage, it is not a perfect substance, nor is alcohol
every drug has its risks and benefits, and Everything in Moderation (I.e. dont get too much of a good thing)

There was a time when the people I kicked it with would go through a ball a night without batting an eyelash.
There was also a time when those people snorted benzos.
Just because you don't feel the effects now, doesn't mean there are none.

Also re-dosing and dropping all night is just dumb on a lot of levels... At that point you may as well just eat a bunch of adderall, cheaper and probably more effective.

I too am a student and drop once sometimes twice a month and have a fab time, although I have noticed from these forums that people in the UK take more than people in the US - I've only done it a handful of times but I usually do half a gram throughout the night and i'm 5ft1 lol. It depends on the person and the UK definitely does not suck especially in regards to the rave scene here.

Why do you think it's alarming? I guess you wouldn't be alarmed to find out some people sometimes drink alcohol twice a week too?

MDMA is far more neurotoxic than alcohol, and generally it's reccomended that users should take between 1-3 month breaks inbetween doses, also MDMA releases a huge amount of serotonin which can induce a myriad of issues (insomnia, depression, anxiety etc) if you don't allow your body the adequete rest it needs to recover.

MDMA is far more neurotoxic than alcohol, and generally it's reccomended that users should take between 1-3 month breaks inbetween doses, also MDMA releases a huge amount of serotonin which can induce a myriad of issues (insomnia, depression, anxiety etc) if you don't allow your body the adequete rest it needs to recover.

Who told you this? Cite some sources. The only studies that have shown mdma to be neurotoxic at all were flawed, alcohol's toxicity is well known & documented. http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/10report/chap02e.pdf

the only doses where mdma has been proven neurotoxic are >30mg/kg and that's likely due to the inevitable overheating. we see some transient changes in the serotonin system at higher doses (that's why 1-3 month breaks are essential), whereas alcohol is a proven neurotoxin (and a pretty nasty one once it has depleted your vitamin b12. due to this it can also cause psychosis in people who are not predisposed).

Has anybody considered that MDMA may trigger a genetic or immune system response that causes depression?

Some friends I met and use to hang out with last year use to drop MDMA just about every weekend. Started with a single pill, then two and sometimes they'd take more. I wasn't too interested in how silly they were being and they would not listen to reason either.

The one guy, I think he was doing that for most of last year. I certainly noticed he was not emotionally stable, come Friday and he would be all happy and amped up and ready to party it would seem (noticing his Facebook status updates). Saturday they'd go out and party and drop some "MDMA", what it really was and what it was cut with they did not care. As long as it made them feel good and they had a good time. I once got sold some Methylone through one of his contacts, the person said it was some good MDMA crystal. Tested it and just straight up methylone. Super crappy come down and did not last very long either. He loved it though as the high is pretty pleasurable. Certainly not something I will willingly do again.

Anyways, so come Sunday early morning when he was coming down. His facial expression and how much he was hurting inside could be easily seen. Then later on Sunday and Monday and sometimes later on during the week I'd notice these sad and depressing Facebook status updates as well as some stated he was sad and so forth with the emoticons as well.
I do not know how they did it or why and I think it is quite stupid and I would not recommend it to everyone. Also I noticed that he had quite a tolerance build up as he would eventually take two pills and feel basically nothing, I would take one and be pretty good.

Unfortunately there is no stopping people. You cannot always help someone who does not want help.

Personally I can't take MDMA on a very regular basis, but a lot of my friends have done. As we're in our late twenties MDMA consumption has cut dramatically in the past year or two, but up until recently it was an every week/other weekend type of thing for a lot of people.

Personally for me the lack of awareness/brain fog/depression/anxiety hits me within a few weeks/months and I need to give up for a long time.

But everybody is different. MDMA is generally a fairly forgiving chemical, and the hundreds of successful people I know who 'abused' it are testament to this.

In my experience peoples bodies tell them when it's the right time to give up.