• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

The War on Kids (video)

Jesse plead guilty for a sentence of 20 hours community service and limited probation. He escaped a permanent criminal record, however, pleading guilty meant he had to admit to being a drug dealer. If that was supposed to prevent him from getting expelled or help him deal with it mentally, being guilty of a crime he did not commit? How does that help. It is not a matter of sensing guilt for being a criminal but the disconnection you feel with the rest of the world. Harmful.

After looking into autism a bit, the entrapment idea seems to make sense, in that the reward for Jesse of friendship was such a huge opportunity that ordinary non-criminally minded people would have committed a crime, regardless of character, just to keep a friend. Pro-tip #1: Don't ask an autist to buy drugs for you, it will take them weeks to get less than what you paid for. Educate yourself.

Here is another important thing you need to know, about entrapment, "not previously disposed to commit", does not mean, "would not have committed otherwise". A cop can give you the means to commit a crime and a reward you (including friendship) for doing it. Even though you would not have committed the crime otherwise, and even if this is your first time, if you take that opportunity, this will not be considered entrapment. Pro-tip #2: Do not put yourself at risk for what another person wants from you.

The PTSD, I guess, seems related to some other stuff Jesse is going through. Ah... death. You screaming tunnel of darkness. :\

Jess has Asperger syndrome. Differences have been discovered between it, and autism:

I saw a tele-documentary about it:

Catalyst: Neurological Gait Keepers - ABC TV Science
Researchers are now employing new techniques to provide 3D analysis of the gait to unravel differences in underlying brain function between children with Autism and Asperger’s Syndrome
abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/2389736.htm - 16 Oct 2008

A web search of the differences between autism and Asperger's will reveal more.

Apart from that minor point, there is no difference between pmoseman and my opinions on this topic, and I strongly urge forum members to view the video; contribute if you can, and / or complain about this disgraceful example of what currently passes for law enforcement in America. There was an article in Rolling Stone about it that I remember reading at: rollingstone.com/culture/news/the-entrapment-of-jesse-snodgrass-20140226 for those with no video capability.