• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Treatment The term Dissociation.

emkee_reinvented

Bluelighter
Prefix a cursus aimed at (complex)-PTSD. Which will go by the name further.

As dissocation play's a big role for people with it. Denying any dissocation in my case. But re-evaluating, to me pure dissocation like Ketamine or N2O effects as reference. So the whole concept of partly dissociation is very unclear. Do I have it or not.

Does the term dissocation as in K-hole refer to the same thing is to me very unclear. Maybe some one can throw some light on this. It will be helpful at least understanding and determening if I display this.

I think there might be two concepts going on that are germain to both:

depersonalization: detached from your own experiences like you are an observer on the outside of your mind --> this occurs during dissociative trips

Disassociation: being detached and disassociated from your body like you are an observer on the outside of your body.

I think with PTSD people definitely experience depersonalization. It might be one of the hallmarks of PTSD. Living your life is like a movie about you, but you don't actually feel like you're in your life.

Perhaps going through depersonalization and then re-personalization over and over using dissociatives to treat your PTSD could help you re personalize in your regular life.

I experience dissociation from not just my body, but from ideas and concepts which are fundamental to my consciousness. It's rather difficult to explain in words.

When I dissociate, I suddenly become very confused for no reason, and no longer understand very basic things. For example, why humans speak language or various other common human behavior, which you take understanding of for granted.

Sometimes it progresses from that into depersonalization, where I feel alienated from my thoughts, like a machine, and feel outside my body like I'm watching myself from a top-down perspective.

Very unusual and rather unpleasant. Typically occurs after periods of intense stress/anxiety, or going too hard on the drugs/alcohol/during withdrawals.

They are originally different things with the same name. There is not necessarily a correlation, and the anaesthetc dissociative state is not considered a reference for psychological dissociation. I believe the latter tends to be more subtle. I suppose it's a traumatic variety of the "spacing out" that many dreamy people are prone to.

However, a psychological defense and a neuroprotective drug state may be found to overlap in interesting ways. It's plausible that both entail increased frontal cortex activity and reduced limbic activity.

Thanks that explains a lot of my "not experiencing it" what they actually mean is depersonalization.

And your story's are very familiar. I get they have little do with that little line of Ket or balloon effect.

Anything further away from the hideous monster you turned me into.
But seriously anything high nothing sober thanks.
It's just unsavory