• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

The Tail End

Psychedalienation

Bluelighter
Mod Note:
I felt like putting this in trip reports would be unfitting and lame, as cannabis is a generally light substance and this "report" is not sufficiently long enough for the Trip Reports subforum in my opinion.

Background:
I had been a daily smoker for 3 years. I quit smoking weed ENTIRELY about 3 months ago. I decided to join this program called Job Corps (see blog if interested) because I really didn't have any other option besides the military or homelessness. This program requires a drug test upon entry. I thought, at the time, that you could not get in if you tested dirty. So 1 month before joining, I quit smoking weed.

Event:
Today is my 29th day in the program. I went out with friends last weekend. We decided on drinking all weekend, going to a punk show just to get fucked up, and then sleeping on some dude's porch (lol). Well that didn't work out so we went to the beach and got drunk as fuck. We needed to go somewhere to sleep so we went to my friend's house. We slept on the floor there.

I woke up to the smell of a blunt.

I decided against asking for a hit as I didn't want to risk the possibility of getting drug tested when I got back and being terminated.
We all wake up and start chilling and drinking a bit. Then my friend's brother pulls out these gummy bear and peach ring edibles. He said 2$ a pop for 1 500mg edible (I am aware that the dosage is almost 100% fabricated). I caved and bought one. So now that it was in my system I might as well smoke.

That day I smoked 3 wax laced blunts, ate 3 edibles, and hit this wax pen a few times.

When I got back on center, the last time I had ingested any THC was about 30-40 minutes and it was just 1 hit off the wax pen.
I didn't feel high really. I just got into this mindset. This mindset is one that I adore over most any one.

Description:
I'd describe it like this:

A pseudo-trippy headspace combined with complete relaxation and optimistic apathy.
I walk around with my head in this place where I am all alone. There are people all around me in reality, but I'm perfectly and happily alone in my head.

Things are just trippy enough to entertain me but not trippy enough to fuck with me. I can travel anywhere in my particularly creative mind when music is playing. I am okay with being alone and don't feel like I'm missing out or like I need social interaction like I do sober or on other drugs.

I mumble my replies to everyone so I can just go back to that place in my head where things are peacefully silent. I can think deep, complex thoughts without feeling like there's much going on at all in my mind. I am at just perfect peace. My eyes are semi-low and content. I don't even really feel HIGH high. I just feel that tail end of my high that leaves me in what I like to call my MEDICATED SOBER STATE. Where I'm not necessarily intoxicated, but I'm happy and contently sober.

It feels like I'm in a field when it's chilly and foggy outside. Just content and relaxed. That's all.

Why I Wrote This:
To be honest: I'm not 100% sure. I just remember when I felt that way, I felt like, "Man, this and music is what I'm going to do for the rest of my existence here on Earth." I just remember feeling like almost romanced to the feeling. I just felt like I needed to write it out. I enjoy writing quite a bit, and I like expressing.

I feel like it's lame to talk about weed like that because... it's just weed. I'm nowhere NEAR inexperienced, but for some reason, this tolerance break just brought out the feelings of why I love weed again. If I could be in that mindset forever I would.

Thanks for reading.

First smoke after a long tolerance break is a beautiful thing, I quit two months ago for a job I'll be getting within the month and can't wait to take a huge dab rip again

First smoke after a long tolerance break is a beautiful thing,

I agree. I went from start of 2009 till the Christmas of 2014 without touching a milligram of amphetamines or methamphetamine type stimulants and when in 2014 i eventually smoked some meth the high was as good as the time i was a stimulant virgin trying speed for the first few times. It was like my drug honeymoon all over again except better as i knew how to get the most out using meth while not going overboard in my level of use.