• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The South Asian Cocktail

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
Just read about this because I did all all the time but never knew it was a "thing"

As the name suggests it first became popularized in southern Asian and is still pretty rare and new in western countries.
It is taking (either by swallowing or injecting) a combination of an opioid, a benzodiazepine and a first-generation anti-histamine.
Anyone used this or have theories about the combo (especially the antihistamine)

I several times taken like Dihydrocdeine, Diazepam and Cyclizine together. I do notice the people I live with keep saying I'm slurring and have no coordination sometimes on his combination. I feel like the high lasts a lot longer too? I have sometimes fell asleep with 15 mins of taking them only to be shocked that 19 hours have passed.

Mixing opioids and benzodiazepines is fairly common (and dangerous). It increases sedation so it's easier to nod but IME it can also be less euphoric (some people would say otherwise).

Mixing opioids with antihistamines is also very common because opioids (specially morphine derivatives) cause a release of histamine which makes you itchy. Antihistamines can also potentiate opioids via different mechanisms. Some antihistamines inhibit a few CYP enzymes which are responsible for opioid metabolism.

If you're slurring your words and falling asleep you're taking too much, you don't need to do as much if you're mixing those 3 drugs.

Damn dude, your story is quickly approaching "scary". I'm sorry but passing out for nearly a full day, sounds pretty damn close to OD'ing.

Damn dude, your story is quickly approaching "scary". I'm sorry but passing out for nearly a full day, sounds pretty damn close to OD'ing.
"Scary " doses indeed.
Taken at "rational " dosages it can actually be an extremely useful tool to get rid of ,specially, the benzos one may get addicted to while on Bupre.
An example : say you´re taking 2 mgs Bupre +20 mgs Valium and you decide it is time to feel vaguely Human again by tapering the benzo(s).
Add some hydroxyzine in low doses, sub therapeutic ( 12.5 mgs should suffice ) and try taking only 15 mgs Diazepam that day -carry on doing this for a week and you´ll realize how a 1st generation anti histamine can definitely be extremely helpful at titrating a benzo addiction in that context ( at least) ...also , feel free to increase the anti histamine as you taper further down and subsequently get accustomed to its effects (Always the lowest effective dose ,obviously ).

The other "scary " side of this : "recreational use "-never tried it myself but I suspect it should be quite dangerous since the 1st time I tried Hydroxyzine at recommended doses for Anxiety (on top of the Bupre/benzo(s) I was on att ) I had to sit down and was having a hard time maintaining my eyes open -significantly slowed down my breathing , I was nodding alright but there was no joy/potentiation ,the opposite if anything ( that would be "Dysphoria " ) -the dose was 50mgs btw.

There is definitely a dangerous synergy/accumulation (effect) there for all those who may be considering trying this combo for recreational purposes.
In sum :good old "less is more " / "start little since you can always take more ( until the desired effect is reached) " .

PS :apologise for the long text but I reckon the benefits of Hydroxyzine as an aid in Benzo withdrawal should be the object of more discussion .