Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

The source of prejudice

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychedelicsoul

Bluelighter
When it comes to prejudice and bigotry... One must always ask, "Why do these beliefs continue to exist"

Are black people considered savage, stupid, and violent because their skin is dark?
Are gay people considered ultra-liberal, self-righteous, whinny people who don't respect religious freedom because they like the same sex?
Are cops considered violent, unstable murderers because they wear a blue uniform?
Are the Israelis considered evil because they're jewish?
Are transgedered people considered stealthy liars because of their feelings?
Are Christians considered right wing, anti-drug, retards because of their Christian faith?
Are muslims considered terrorists because of the Quran?
Are Spaniards considered cruel to animals because they have light brown skin?
Are Chinese and Koreans considered cruel to animals because of the shape of their eyes?
Are Japanese considered sick and perverted because of their language?
Are hippies considered annoying because they oppose war?
Are old people considered willfully ignorant, superstitious, and full of themselves because they have wrinkles?
Are young people considered spoiled, self-entitled, and lazy because of their age?
Are members of the GOP considered out of touch because they're old and white?
Are CEO's considered greedy because they're rich?
Are Southerners considered idiots because of their accent?

The answer to all those question and more is "no"... People believe those things because the groups in question make them true. Asking people not to be prejudice goes against human nature. Because when we see something time after time after time... it forms a trend. Our thinking is based on prevalent trends.
If every time I see someone of a certain race, they're acting like a stereotype, then how will I view that race of people? Like stereotypes. Because that's the message this group of people have sent me.

Honestly, if you wanna make someone racist, all you need to do is find someone who's never spoken to or met many black people... Then show them BET for 10 minutes...
You have now made that person racist.
Actually no you didn't... the shameless sell outs who make a fool of themselves on BET have...

Which of these do you think produces more racism...
The Chinese having slant eyes, or the Chinese boiling live dogs and eating shark fins?

Bascially, my message is... If people are going to be the stereotype that people believe in, then why should they be surprised when people are prejudiced against them.

I grew up in a liberal, cosmopolitan area that was pretty PC. Whenever I heard stereotypes I automatically denounced them. Then I traveled the world and lived in a few foreign countries.

Some stereotypes are true, but that doesn't mean people deserve to be hated over it.

Some of your examples, I've never heard of. I'd rather list a bunch of more accurate ones, but I don't feel like being attacked today so I'll refrain. :)

Again you just want to justify your immaturity. This topic is just about you as usual and typically unpleasant. We cam discuss prejudice but im not willing to ponder to your ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.