• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Small & Handy 4C-D / ARIADNE Thread

Here's a little report from yesterday's 75mg experience.

So I'm beginning to rethink what this material does.

A month or so ago, I took 30mg and went boating. Multiple misadventures occurred on the trip (engine trouble, debris stuck in prop, huge thunderstorm) and each time I was utterly imperturbable. I didn't feel emotionally blunted or numb in the slightest, just okay with the situation and sure that we'd work out whatever came up. No big deal.

A friend had a fair bit of nebulous, non-directed anxiety yesterday. After 30mg, they recognized that the sensation was still there, but they were no longer bothered by it. Again, imperturbable. They compared it to a low dose of diazepam.

Maybe this is why I enjoy it for social events. It knocks the edge off of any awkwardness or discomfort.

It's interesting how close this compound is to DOM, with just the 1 extra carbon on the amphetamine bit (alpha substitution?), and yet easily an order of magnitude less potent.

Just a little note: I've described what I think the most salient feature of this drug to be anxiety-suppression. Like MDMA, it can make socializing more enjoyable, because I feel more carefree. That might not be a good characterization, though. I have extremely low baseline levels of anxiety, I think, so it can be hard for me to know for sure.

Well, a friend of mine that now rates 4C-D as their favorite drug (even though it's entirely non-recreational for them) used 30mg of it the other day to deal with some severe acute anxiety. They felt much better when it kicked in, as usual, but noted that it felt subjectively weird. They said that it did not diminish their anxiety at all, but that they just didn't care about it.

I don't know how to class a drug like this. It's not really a pacific (like kava kava) or an anxiolytic (like diazepam) or a sedative. Maybe an "equanimic?"