• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants The Science of Meth Neurotoxicity and Strategies for Prevention and Treatment (2021 version)

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
I don’t recall seeing this article posted previously.

It seems an excellent summary and provides evidence for various personl remedies recommended in other good threads on this topic like this one from 2 years ago:

A bit of a dig, but I would be remiss to not link the 3 classic Epsilon Alpha threads going into amphetamine tolerance and neurotoxicity mitigation.

These threads really cover some theoretical ground but have really valuable discussion of a lot of papers included.

A bit of a dig, but I would be remiss to not link the 3 classic Epsilon Alpha threads going into amphetamine tolerance and neurotoxicity mitigation.
I don’t mind the dig and I’m really glad you posted the links to those threads. I’ve actually searched a few times for what we have on stimulant neurotoxicity, including today before I posted the paper above, and those 3 Epsilon Alpha threads never appeared in the results that I can recall.

At any rate though, i don’t think there is any harm in having this thread in Other Drugs while the earlier ones are in in NPD. I don’t know to what extent these sub-forums get the same readers but OD still does get a lot of basic questions about meth damage and mitigation.

Thanks for the leads.