• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The science behind the opioid kindling effect?

ickray

Bluelighter
I've recently read a few threads mentioning the kindling effect, which I believe is real.
This is when even if you've been off of opioids for long periods of time, just a single use of a few bags over 24 hours can bring on light to moderate withdrawal.
I've had times of being clean for extended periods of time and recently used 5 bags of fentadope IV over about 24 hours, and within 24 hours later had what I would say was a shockingly bad withdrawal for the amount used.
Sweats, hot flashes, insomnia, fatigue to the point of not wanting to get out of bed, feeling like I was hit by a train, etc.

It honestly mimicked the withdrawal I would get from a month of two of daily use.

My question is: Has there been any studies or medical literature on this effect, or is this something that is just a term used in the community?
I know a little about the science behind opioid withdrawal, but I just can't see how a half a bundle of fentadope over the course of a day could downregulate your receptors that much in such a short period of time to bring on 3 days of withdrawals.
Are the analogues in the fentadope that fucking strong, do the receptors just never fully recover or permanently become hypersensitive to any drug you've been addicted to in the past?

I would appreciate anyone that could shed some light on this phenomenon because I find it to be pretty wild.

I would love to see some papers on this effect as well. I have a feeling it hasn't been well studied though

I think the brain has a memory for these kind of things, like its expecting something. My friend took too much opiates one time and was throwing up and the next time even though it was a small dose it brought back nausea because I think his brain just started to associate the feeling of opiates at all with nausea. I think its possible part of it is you know what bad withdrawal feels like and your brain starts to expect and fear that as soon as it feels any withdrawal. I doubt the feeling will last nearly as long as it would if you were to actually have used for a month.

In my experience opiate/opioid withdrawal definitely gets worse the more you use but it's nothing compared to the GABA kindling effect. Atleast not from what I've noticed.