• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana

avcpl

Bluelighter
Many here will know much of what's in this article. But I thought I would post it because it is in a well respected magazine and does a good job of laying out the absurdity.

Could be of use for people to forward to others who are interested but don't know the details.

Experts say listing cannabis among the world’s deadliest drugs ignores decades of scientific and medical data. But attempts to delist it have met with decades of bureaucratic inertia and political distortion

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-science-behind-the-dea-s-long-war-on-marijuana/

The government in the states is totally laughable and lacks credibility when it comes to most things, especially prohibition. If you were a scientist and disregarded reality in order to create a reality of your own that does nothing to advance science and promotes disinformation you would be laughed out of any symposium, and any work you published would never be picked up by any scientific journal. Maybe Modern Creationist would pick it up, but I still think they wouldn't .