• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

The science behind comedown/hangover immunity.

ovenbakedskittles

Bluelighter
Something ive noticed is that im one of those people who dont get hangovers. Later on i realized that i dont really get headaches in general. I get little pains in my head every once in a blue moon but only for like a couple minutes then its gone. Another thing ive noticed is that people dont get comedowns from ecstasy. Like they dont get depressed or anything. I would feel like shit after ecstasy and it always baffled and annoyed me why those people dont suffer the same comedown effects as me... These two things made me curious and made me want to find out about why that happens.

Does anybody know why that happens? does it have to do with differences in serotonin or dopamine production? i was hoping someone could tell me if they happen to have any knowledge on that.

It's likely they didn't take enough to deplete enough serotonin in their storage vesicles probably.
Doubtful. I've done more than enough MDMA/MDA/analouges that was well know to be great and tried by many people who agreed on that fact. I rarely get hangovers from anything. Who knows what the actual biological reason is but I'm surely glad and feel lucky.

What other explanation would there by? And you just said you tried drugs that were know to be great and tried by many people. That doesn't mean that they didn't get handovers because the drugs didn't deplete enough serotonin. And that doesn't mean the drugs aren't good. That isn't what I am saying.

I really wanna know this is as well, especially more the psychedelic/empathogenic part. I know when I take ANYTHING that makes me trip I get a comedown that makes me want to die. My gf feels fine. Same with alcohol.

Hangovers are caused by not having enough water for your body to perform krebs cycles.

https://chordaetendinae101.wordpress.com/2012/01/05/hangovers-and-the-krebs-cycle/

Some people just have well functiong krebs cycles probably that prevent them from dehydrating. It has nothing to do with serotonin or dopamine.

First time I hear this kind of explanation. Dehydration might add to the symptoms, but not in the way it's described in that post or whatever it is. Krebs cycle does not depend on water, but even if that was the case, the loss of water is minimal (<1% ) to cause disruptions in a chemical reaction cycle.

There are many parallel mechanisms which produce the symptoms of an alcohol hangover. Acetaldehyde production, dehydration, NADH overproduction might contribute, slight metabolic acidosis from acetate overproduction to name a few.

What other explanation would there by? And you just said you tried drugs that were know to be great and tried by many people. That doesn't mean that they didn't get handovers because the drugs didn't deplete enough serotonin. And that doesn't mean the drugs aren't good. That isn't what I am saying.
They got hangovers, I didn't. It's very rare that anything causes a hangover in me. The only reason I added in others was to illustrate that the drugs were of decent quality. What your saying could well be true. Maybe varations in levels of said endogenous serotonin differs between people so some aren't affected as highly, who knows. What I meant is I've done high doses of MDMA/MDA/analouges to defintely deplete enough serotonin. I just preemptively added they were of good quality in case you were going to respond that they might not have been.

Oh no, I wasn't. lol. It could also be that your 5-HT receptor densities didn't downregulate that much, as well. Or it could be something hereditary and genetic.

its possible for a person to be sensitive to one drug and not another. from my own experience, i would say that the brain can take some serious abuse but there is a point where it all comes crashing down. don't expect to be that guy that doesn't get hangovers/withdrawals forever. brains and bodies have limits.

First time I hear this kind of explanation. Dehydration might add to the symptoms, but not in the way it's described in that post or whatever it is. Krebs cycle does not depend on water, but even if that was the case, the loss of water is minimal (<1% ) to cause disruptions in a chemical reaction cycle.

There are many parallel mechanisms which produce the symptoms of an alcohol hangover. Acetaldehyde production, dehydration, NADH overproduction might contribute, slight metabolic acidosis from acetate overproduction to name a few.

It most certainly does.

http://www.biology-online.org/biology-forum/about5431.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citric_acid_cycle

It definitely requires H20

Water participates in the cycle, but the scope of the reagents in the cycle is orders of magnitude lower than that of water. 1 litre of water contains approx. 55 moles of water (water's concentration in water is 55M), and a typical human contains ~50 litres of water. Normally the bottleneck in the citric acid cycle is oxaloacetate, whose molar concentration in mitochondria is in the 10^-6 M order of magnitude range. The medium in which the reactions proceed is water, which it doesn't matter if there is 1,000,000 times more of than other reagents, or if its 990,000 times more (water's concentration compared to other citric acid cycle reagents).