• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

The Rebranding of MDMA

I personally am on the fence about it these days.

On the one hand we all know that it is an effective tool in treating all sorts of trauma and mental illness.
On the other hand though look at what happened to other products that went mainstream. Oxycontin was branded as a miracle pain management option.

Delta 8 flew under the radar for years and is now banned in 11 states and I'm sure more to go.

Ketamine is also going through a similar rebranding. Clinics all over the states are experimenting with giving their customers doses of the psychoactive compound along with counseling.

But I don't know if this is necessarily a good thing. Only time will tell if the regulations in place will affectively help people in need or hurt those same patients.

We don't need people overusing MDMA anymore than people were abusing oxycontin. When things go mainstream the quality of the product improves but the access balloons.

Oxycodone is more addictive than MDMA (not that I think that it should be illegal either, oxycodone should legal & regulated and available for purchase by adults IMO just as all drugs should, ideally)

That’s not to say that MDMA cannot be abused, but it’s more appealing to use oxycodone every day in a way that it isn’t with MDMA.

Also, regarding delta 8, that hasn’t been around long at all in the grand scheme of things but I honestly don’t see any “problem” developing there at all. If anything I’m amazed by how prevalent it got so quickly and how generally tolerated it is by the authorities…I wouldn’t say that it flew under the radar necessarily cuz it’s sold openly seemingly everywhere