The real BAD effects of rolling??

Vitamin-K

Bluelighter
It's not like like I'm totally nieve or anything. It's just that I've heard a lot of different things and I was Wondering if any of you know the long term, or short term, side effect from maybe an educated mind? liquidocean, i'm looking in your direction. love4ever

I don't know about long or short term but I know of some personal experiences.The case I can teel you about is my girlfried.She no longer does e due to how it reacts with her body.She has only tried it a handfull of times but it really fucks her up.She becomes etarded.She has memory problems from hell.We've been dating for 2 years and the day after rolling she forgets my name and phone number sometimes,can't remember where she lives, like really bad shit like that.I know other people that don't feel to bright the next day but she has a serious proble as to what the chemicals are doing to her.Also all the pill I take or have given her are tested so I know at least there are in the mdma family of compounds.

Best bet is to do your own research, heres a good start:
http://www.maps.org/research/mdma/index.html
Best summary to date on the long-term effects of mdma use? Nobody knows.
If you ask George Ricuarte (A grant-addicted government lackey) he'll say MDMA causes permanent brain damage. Ask just about anyone else who reviews his findings and they will disagree. But even Ricuarte is unable to prove that the damage he claims has any detrimental effects in the long run... all he has been able to prove to date is that people who have used MDMA for long periods of time are less aggressive.
But as I said, nobody really knows. And it is doubtfull anyone will know anytime soon, because MDMA is a schedule I drug. In the governments eyes, that means a drug with no possible medical uses and a large risk or abuse (remember they made this finding BEFORE any real research was done, not after), so noone will ever get permission to do any real studies... all they can do is find people who claim to have done X and study them and abuse lab animals. Unfortunatly there is no way to verify things like: Did they *really* take MDMA? Or was it MDA, or MDEA, or DXM, or god-knows-what.... unless they can get people who did MDMA, and ONLY MDMA, the research IMO is pretty worthless... if you can't even tell what drug they took, much less be able to filter out and long-term effects of any OTHER drugs they took (Pot, K, G, meth, etc etc etc) then its really just conjecture. But Ricuarte did prove one thing: If you take a lab animal (rat or monkey) and force feed them 20-30 pills over 48 hours, something changes in their brains. What the change means, what the effects of it are, and whether it is permanent are up for debate.
So don't eat 30 pills over the weekend
wink.gif

-Rob

Oh yeah, forgot to mention:
So far, studies have shown that taking prozac (an SSRI) within 6 hours of taking MD** will prevent *all* "damage". After 6 hours, the benefits decrease (the longer you wait, the less it helps)

The only experiences I can think of after 4 years of moderate use are:
1. I think my memory is not as good as it used to be. At least, my short term memory. It could also be that this is due to changing from a relaxed high school lifestyle to a busy work-university-doing-things schedule with almost no sleep.. but anyway, I feel a difference.
2. My emotions are much more intense and profound. I think this is a good thing. Music gets deeper. I cry more. I appreciate and love my friends on a deeper level, but sometimes I really have to fight emotions in order to stay 'sane'.
3. E doesn't work like the way it did... I take 6-month breaks, I roll, I roll, but the FEELING of the old days just isn't there anymore. The naivity, the holy feeling, the MAGIC is gone. This is a known effect; many people report this. It may be due to changes in the brain.
PLURdeldeedur
------------------
[email protected]
http://www.mp3.com/skydancer/
WE MUST MOVE ON...

Hey thanks ya'll. It's really nice to grt some responses from people who have been rolling a lot more then i have. Thanks again.love4ever

Skydancer-my question is: how frequently did you do E when you started, and how long did it take until the "magic" was gone?

zeppelin> Not very frequently... I have rolled about four times in a year, for four years now. We always have our beans analyzed, so it's not the quality that has gone down...
It's still all good, it's still a good experience, opening up, enjoying... but the totally religious spiritual experience is gone.
Maybe I've seen it too often. I still see most rolls I've had as "milestones", the discussions or experiences still change something in the way I see the world. I think the first rolls opened a door to a new way of being (I'm stealing these words, but I don't know who wrote them); but now... I AM already there. So I can walk through the same door as much as I like, but now I know what I am going to see. It's still fun, but it doesn't impress me that much anymore.
Sadly, this was not about physical tolerance. I've waited about half a year, but still, it doesn't feel like the old days.
I doubt it ever will, but I've made my peace with this. I have learned things that would have taken ages to discover if I'd have had to do it all 'on my own', and I am grateful for that... but, like my signature said: We must move on
smile.gif

(Not to other drugs that is.. but to apply the lessons of E to real life, and let myself grow instead of clinging to the past.)
------------------
skydancer. [email protected] . http://www.mp3.com/skydancer/.
WE MUST MOVE ON...

well said skydancer...
------------------
:)**LIFE'S SHORT, CLENCH HARD!!**:)

Skydancer, you are wise beyond your years! By the way, how old are you? Ha!Ha!

yo skydancer i definately feel what you're saying. i suggest that maybe you try candy-flippin. it's always some sort of religous experience for me. (i either AM God or i'm begging Him to forgive me)

Skydancer, your experiences sound a lot like mine. My memory is definately not as good as it was, but I have a hunch this has more to do with cannabis than E.
Neither are my emotions the same. When I started doing E my emotional life became, in your words, more intense and profound. However, this changed. Now they seem more "flattened", especially the first week or so after rolling. I am completely in touch with my emotions, but they are much less intense. For various reasons this is actually not a bad thing at all for me, so I don't regard it as a problem.
And yes, the magic is gone :-/
Apart from that, I haven't really noticed any long-term effects, other than very positive changes in my personality, lifestyle and outlook on life. E truly is penicillin for the soul.

Rob,
Unless you have a supply of pure, unadultered MDMA powder, any neurotoxicity recognised
from the albeit catch-all term "Ecstasy" WILL potentially affect you.
What does it matter if the test subjects *really* took MDMA? The chances you don't > 75%
of the time either. Russian roulette anyone?