• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Edibles The potency of my new edibles came as a shock!

DesertHarp

Bluelighter
I decided to try using cannabis edibles for sleep. I found an on-line site that looked respectable, and I ordered 3 different kinds of gummies. They were delicious and did seem to help me nod off easier. Then I layed off them because I had a urine tox screen test coming up, as I get Vicodin under a prescription.

Once I got thru that, I ordered another vial of gummies from a different company. What a shock I got! These were nothing like the first ones I tried from the other vendor. The gummies were small. I took just one. It tasted and smelled like "weed" in an unpleasant sense. It totally knocked me out, and I was badly hung over the next day. When I was walking around, the floor felt like the floor in a "fun house." Felt like it was all uneven under my feet.

2 nights later I just took a half a gummy. I was still hung over next morning. Also, extremely dry mouth. With the first batch, I could eat several in the eve and feel ok next morning.

These strong ones say "30 mg per piece" on the front label. In the back, there's a long list of derivatives and their mg. The list says, "D8, CBD, CBG, CBN, HHC, and 4 more things. Should I be studying the back of the label . . . or just go by the "30 mg" on the front? I have read that 30 mg in a gummy is high.

Past 2 nights, I take about a 4rth of one of these gummies. Still hits pretty hard. Oddly enough, these were cheaper than the much weaker ones.

Is there a particular cannabis derivative that hits very hard? . . . that I could avoid?

Strong ones imo are made with THC from cannabis and they are usually carefully hand processed basically homemade small batch or medical grade that are strongest highest quality

That being said sounds like your RC THC edible packs a punch nice little whammy 30mg technically is a strong dose but usually I eat much more lol out of control gobble them speaking of which finishing off a 50mg lolli now looks homemade got it from a dispensary THC I do get stoned on Delta 8 prerolls still also had a HHC one recently definitely get you lifted like pot

Last edited:
While it's likely some of the potency claims aren't quite on par with the actuality, some of the novel cannabinoids touted to be stronger than plain old delta 9, sometimes allegedly by factors and therefore making them "heavy hitters" that you'd want to avoid are: thc-p, thc-b, thc-h, thc-jd and thc-o.

D8 and HHC both have a psychoactive effect. Also, 30 mg is quite high if you are just new to this. Always start with a smaller dosage and gradually increase the amount according to your requirements.

Also, always check the ingredient list and authenticity of the vendor before buying these products.

Thanks for the responses above. I'll engage in a deeper discussion when I feel better. I want to look at the specifics that posters have brought up. I value all the information offered.

How reputable are these suppliers. You might be getting a pinch of fentanyl.
Been alleged and disproven. Never been found, although the gubbment seems to want it to be a lot.
It wouldn't make sense for someone making a legal, easily made, product that they can make a huge profit without going to jail to take that risk.
Now, misrepresented cannabinoids, doses, and leftover reaction chemicals, sure.
Tried most, never did any with regularity, pot is easy to get even in a non-legal state and much safer for many reasons, don't recommend making a habit of any of them.