The perfect Party.....

KeWlHaNdLuKe

Bluelighter
OK... I had an idea... I've been kind of fed up with some of the Parties lately(especially the NY ones"SHY"), and I had an idea... Its a little like Amway...Hehe... First we need a well connected person to get it started... He or she will go to parties and search out positive vibes and find the people who are causing them... That person will then make a list of those people's names and distribute lists to them... They will do the same thing, and make their own lists and instruct their people to make lists too... Each person will send their lists to the person above him, and when the original person has a list of about 2000 or so, he will organize a party with just those people... Chances are, if the intent is pure, someone on the list will be able to find a good venue, and there will prolly be a few DJ's on the list too... The whole process will take about 6 months, and the end result would be a party where everyone knows someone who knows someone...etc. If the vibe is positive, I think that the idea will spread like fire, and it could increase the happiness of all of the people who attend... The only catch is that it would have to be non profit so no one gets greedy... Let me know what you think... -Caleb-
------------------
"Oh God, do not remain quiet; Do not be silent and, Oh God do not be still. For, behold, Thine enemies make an uproar..." Psalm 83:1-2.

Caleb man - great to see you here - hey I need some info from you
smile.gif
email me + your coming to against all odds ? do you need tix ? let me know ...
Plur
------------------
SpecialK - If you thought thats a hole wait till you see my flat :)

Sounds like a great idea in theory...but the inevitable ? of $$$$$. Comes into play here. BTW A philosphical engineer quite a combo. I am a Phil major at PSU. And if you are in NY, Y aren't you coming to tig's Paw-T.....it's gonna be hella kewl and there's gonna be like millions (***rollwitit's fingers are crossed***)
of Bluelighters there...can't go wrong with our vibe. Peace
------------------
"Without any intentional, fancy way of adjusting yourself, to express yourself as you are is the most important thing"

Rollwitit... Unfortunately, I know that money is inevitably an issue, however, it does not have to be the main issue... I personally know at least 3 DJ's who would be willing to spin for free(including myself...) The venue is going to cost money as well as the lighting, security, permits etc, but when people are willing to pay $20 to get into a party, Im sure that money would not be a problem... I already thought of a way to solve that problem... Lets say for instance we charge $10 to get in... If 2000 people attend, that would be $20000. I Know for a fact that I could throw a party for that much since promoting would be almost free...(the system promotes itself...) I know that big names will cost you, but there are hundreds of smaller quality DJ's who still kick a$$... It would be tough to pull off, but think about the implications of it all... If it worked, the idea would spread, and who knows what the possibilities could be??? Personally, I have faith in that there is still good parts of human nature... This is more for the near future... Im 21 now and I've been partying for about 6 years and I don't plan to stop any time soon... What are we going to do when we're all 30??? I think that this would work because when I go to parties, no matter how sketchy they are, I meet at least 20-30 people that are there for the right reasons... I would still go even if there was only 1 person worth meeting... It's almost evangelical if you know what I mean??? It's only an idea as of now, but I plan on implementing it after I graduate... Who knows... Maybe it will flop, but the idea is sound, and with the internet, the possibilities are endless... Here's an idea to keep everyone honest... After everyone gets paid, the profits go to the party kids...(We could buy everyone breakfast or something like that...) I know it sounds far fetched and fantastic, but I think it would be really cool... Hope to see you at Against All Odds... -Caleb-
------------------
"Oh God, do not remain quiet; Do not be silent and, Oh God do not be still. For, behold, Thine enemies make an uproar..." Psalm 83:1-2.

I think it's a GrrrrrEAT idea! I'm definitely down, and here to help, although I don't know what I can offer as I don't spin, and don't have any major connections. (actually, I know some DJs). Still, if there's anything I can do, just lemme know.