• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

The Neuroscience behind the 5-HT2a receptors.

Hmmm.... Now I'm thinking too hard. I keep connecting beta-arrestin to the RALGDS protein. If only there was one simple way to achieve permanent weight loss and cure diabetes.

Beta arrestin is a signaling protein that can bind to GCPRs intracellularly, theoretically this different protein binding causes the overall GCPR to have a slightly different conformation which can enable selective ligand binding

Binding these receptors causes beta arrestin to drive receptor internalization which may take the ligand with it, although I don't know if this would be effective for getting proper concentrations of the drug at the target

Oh my god ! Know wonder why weight loss drugs are so expensive. I was looking at some of there chemical structures and there huge !
Peptide drugs are often made in yeast or e coli, as you can pretty easily put DNA in them and have them turn it into protein.

However, synthetic peptides aren't as horrible (cost or difficulty wise) as you may think, as there are automated systems that "grow" peptides via cycles of different chemical reactions involving compounds that "activate" the terminal carboxyl group to allow for the next amino acid to attach. The downside is that you get lower fidelity after about 20 amino acids, and some secondary structure will fail or misfold (guess how I know that?).

Well... I know out of the 500 acids amino acids in nature only 22 appear in lifeforms. As for working on a diabetes or weight loss medication maybe an irreversible form of Insulin or some type of gene therapy might help.

What if you substituted MK-801 with Ketamine and then mixed it with something such as Retatrutide ? Do you think that, that would be more tolerable ?

I have a question. Do you think there's any possibility that 3,3-Diidolymethane can be made into some sort of psychoactive drug ?
It looks like it could be an okay lead for a HDAC inhibitor. It certainly wouldn't be easy to make it into a psychadelic if that is what you are asking about.