• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

The N-Isopropylbenzylamine “myth” and developments in Drug Testing

Avoid producing yet more garbage which wouldn't pass proper peer review: When making claims comparing proton NMR try posting 2 proton spectra not one proton and one 13C spectra.

The upper spectra you posted is a 13 carbon NMR the lower is 1H proton.

We are not actually a peer reviewed scientific journal. And it's pretty obvious that the OP posted the various spectra links as illustrative examples to make the larger point about the capacity of increasingly accessible testing methods to distinguish n-iso from meth. He/she opened the thread with this unusually humble line that suggests he/she not an arrogant like some other with opinions on this subject:

There are many people on this forum far more expert then me about what follows. I look forward to their comments and corrections if I’ve got any of this wrong.

My question is....arent you curious to what it may be you are assuming its n-iso but how do you really know ...get it tested and show the results....then you can actually verify your opinion

Yes I can be done through fractional distillation because I’ve been doing it. I’ve been taking peoples packages and cleaning out this horrible stuff from it I know nobody believes it I know it’s a debated subject but I’m telling you that I have been able to separate the n-ISO from MA. If not that then what is it. Receive it I think that amine will not crystallize into shards without something else introduced to it to help it. So my question to you is if not that then what what else is there that could possibly make this 98% pure and also be cut a dilute or a bulking agent so to speak. MSM would create a lower melting point for the product this has a higher melting point in Methamphetamine. I’m my opinion it’s n-ISO. There’s people that are actually buying stuff right now because they can’t get anything else because they like it just gives them a quick rush. I don’t know about it but what I do know is that I am 100% an ambassador for harm reduction and whatever I have to do to help I’m going to do it.

Ok… You’ve got me intrigued. More details on the fractional distillation please, what BP’s are different components coming over, vacuum used, etc. Since we are discussing the purification of a substance it should fall outside the scope of “synthesis talk” and obviously harm reduction to have as clean of drugs as possible.

So please further details, and what’s the explanation for all the data seemingly pointing the other direction?

-GC

My question is....arent you curious to what it may be you are assuming its n-iso but how do you really know ...get it tested and show the results....then you can actually verify your opinion
I would love to know what this crap is that they’re putting in its but there’s no way to tell I mean I’m scared to take it anywhere to have it tested because it test positive for methamphetamine they’re just gonna say oh it’s meth because they don’t have the proper equipment in order to really actually see whether it or not it is meth or if it’s some other additive. So yes I would love to verify everything that I’m telling you I wish I was wrong. I want somebody to prove me wrong, but it’s hard to except that something is wrong when you see it with your own eyes! When you’ve tested these theories that you have and used the techniques that you’ve learned along the way and the things that you’re learning now and it’s frustrating as hell because people aren’t listening. I don’t know why everyone is so dead set against this being something terrible because it is. And if anyone has any suggestions of what else I can possibly do please let me know I have a team and we’re working so hard on harm reduction. Not only that but I’m trying to start a syringe swap here in my state because they does not allow it. Will provide Narcan and a safe place for people to use.
If anyone has any information about the state that I live in ,Alabama, if you have any information about syringe swaps or if you know of an underground harm reduction networks in your community please let me know so I can collaborate. Thank you

Last edited:
I think you will find there are laboratories around that would have the necessary equipment to be able to fully analyse this 'unknown ' compound.You probably would have to pay for them to do the work though....and it may not be too cheap.You will always be left wondering what it may be if you dont get it tested.On another note...good on you for trying create harm reduction services in your state....there can never be too much help for folk.

I think you will find there are laboratories around that would have the necessary equipment to be able to fully analyse this 'unknown ' compound.You probably would have to pay for them to do the work though....and it may not be too cheap.You will always be left wondering what it may be if you dont get it tested.On another note...good on you for trying create harm reduction services in your state....there can never be too much help for folk.

DrugsData.org, for one.

Excellent instrumentation and some very good work on explaining NMR to people who aren't lucky enough to have such technology. Correct me if I'm wrong but the hydrogens in aromatic rings also show up and in a very tell-tale position.

It would take me a couple of days to get back into it but safe to say that CGMS & NMR combined proved to be amazingly reliable. It's not an exciting job but someone who is skilled in instrumentation is one of the best assets a lab can have.

I would love to know what this crap is that they’re putting in its but there’s no way to tell I mean I’m scared to take it anywhere to have it tested because it test positive for methamphetamine they’re just gonna say oh it’s meth because they don’t have the proper equipment in order to really actually see whether it or not it is meth or if it’s some other additive. So yes I would love to verify everything that I’m telling you I wish I was wrong. I want somebody to prove me wrong, but it’s hard to except that something is wrong when you see it with your own eyes! When you’ve tested these theories that you have and used the techniques that you’ve learned along the way and the things that you’re learning now and it’s frustrating as hell because people aren’t listening. I don’t know why everyone is so dead set against this being something terrible because it is. And if anyone has any suggestions of what else I can possibly do please let me know I have a team and we’re working so hard on harm reduction. Not only that but I’m trying to start a syringe swap here in my state because they does not allow it. Will provide Narcan and a safe place for people to use.
If anyone has any information about the state that I live in ,Alabama, if you have any information about syringe swaps or if you know of an underground harm reduction networks in your community please let me know so I can collaborate. Thank you
It is 100% N iso, it first appeared in Oz around 2014.. all you can do is quit or make your own