• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The minimal effective loperamide dose for opioid wd

SS373dOH

Bluelight Crew
There's a lot of discrepancy acrossed the internet about lope doses.

I would like to come up with a unanimous decision on what the minimal effective dose of lope would be to help relieve wd symptoms.

This thread isn't supposed to be how much to take to get high, or megadoses.

Discuss.

I totally understand your concern I'm also interested in knowing what dose to take for maximum relief / minimum negative effects some say 8-24 some take 150 mgs I don't get it... I've taken 12 mgs a few times idk if it worked or not I smoked weed and took Valium and eventually got dope anyways so I'm curious anyways I want a definitive answer if possible

Hey folks. First, it would help to know what opiate your withdrawaling from. You don't determine best lope dose, based on nothing.
I will share my experience. Sometimes, while on Percocet, 20mg a day, I'd run low or out. On short stints I only needed 4mg.

I know we are all different, but 150mg is very high. I know there is a lope lover thread on here, but you only use what you need.

There never will be a magic number.

Next time, start a thread with an example opiate dose your coming off of.

I probably varies person to person and varies from one person's opiate/opioid tolerance to another person's tolerance.

I don't think there is an easy answer.

One should start low and slowly work their way up. Remember that it takes hours to peak. And you probably shouldn't be shooting for 100 percent wd relief...

^^Well put. You have to know the drug your using(lope) and it's time to peak. You go from there. I may need 4mg, MDPV might need 8mg and Susie Creamcheese* may need 2mg. All for helping come off the same drug.

*(Frank Zappa reference. Susie Creamcheese: soft, white and easy to spread.)

Since heroin's potency varies, I'll use oxycodone as a reference.

20-30mg lope gives me about 90℅ wd relief, from a 90-120mg oxycodone/day habit..

I always found that 20-30 mg gave me about 80% wd relief. (Note: going higher didn't give more relief. That was the maximum relief IMO I got from loperamide. It doesn't ever remove the lethargy, the lack of energy, or the depression. It also really dehydrates you)

This dose was effective on a 10-20 bag per day heroin habit. It was also effective on a fentanyl patch habit of about 1-2 g(yes g not micrograms) per day buccal habit with the sandoz patches. They were like instant release.

I have tried less and it helped but not as much.

Remember--it takes about 3 hours to fully hit max effectiveness of a loperamide dose. It *starts* working after an hour or so. It lasts around 12 hrs (also the half life), but some find they can dose once per day. You do not need to dose more than 2x per day.

I always found taking the first dose before going to sleep (when I knew I'd wake up in withdrawal) was effective. Then I could dose soon after waking if needed, plus I didn't wake up in misery

I also advise only using loperamide for the first 3-4 days then tapering. You don't want to switch dependencies.

My oxy habit is 100-120mg a day and I would take 4-6mg of lope in the morning and 2mg at night and keep the super squirts at bay plus it would help with my runny nose and sneezing too.

I've really been thinking about giving lope a shot as I just came off a quick suboxone taper of 8mg for three days 4 for three days then two for three days.

Then I used one bag of heroin a day for two days and yesterday I used three bags.

So it is a very modest habit I currently have. I've heard great stories of how lope would almost completely get rid of WDs but then someone in this thread said it doesn't touch the depression lethargy or lack of energy.. Well those are pretty much the symptoms I want to keep at bay. Is this true? Anecdotally or course.

Was thinking about trying around 20mg to start with, ~24 hours after last use. Also are the pills the better route to go compared to liquid? Browsing Walgreen yesterday it looked like they only had the shitty little bottle of minty lope.

^ Not everyone is going to have the same results, but 20-30mg relieves ALL my WD symptoms, depression and anxiety included. I go with the pills, but have heard people say the liquid works better, but I haven't tried that route..

The pills are normally just loperamide. The liquid often contains other ingredients. Also, the liquid is often much less loperamide for what you're paying than the pills. So read the label ;)

Personally, I found that lope relieves the GI issues (of course), the shakiness/anxiety, the RLS/inability to sit still, the runny nose and sneezing fun, and the chills. It never gave me that "energy" or good feeling other opiates do (probably because it attaches peripherally rather than in the CNS), and I always felt very lethargic and dehydrated. The positive is that unlike regular opiate wd where you feel lethargic plus extremely shitty plus you cannot lay still comfortably---well, you only have the lethargy without all that other crap.

But yes, as hopeless said...everyone is different and ymmv.

Welp the other day I was like 24 hours from last of h and took 26 mgs of lope. Settled my stomache and gave me just enough energy to get out of bed and eat something. Still in a shit mood and restless so I got some more h.

Haven't been doing it often at all tho so this time I made it to 32 hours since last shot which was a rinse. Feeling like garbage. Took 22mg lope 3 hours ago and once again I got enough energy to get out of bed, my stomach doesn't kills anymore and that's about it.

Still sweaty yet cold. Still achey muscles. Stomachs doesn't hurt but I notice lope gives a weird (constipated) tightness to the stomach. Could be worse. Personally when I wd my stomach pain is the most severe symptom so I'm glad that is gone.

Still thinking about getting some h. I really don't want to be trapped anymore but I don't have access to suboxone. Thank god for lope as I don't currently want to kill myself but man.. Maybe I need to take some more. Will have to wait til later tho as I am broke and my mom only bought a 24 ct. Package. (Plus a 12 ct. Of Imodium multi symptom!!)

Soo for anecdotal contribution to the topic, 22mg is not cutting it.