• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

The Million Dollar Kolonopin Sleep Question

MegaMan13

Greenlighter
Hi suffering from chronic fatigue, doctor put me on Kolonopin for last 2 years, have definitely built a tolerance to 2mg and wake up even more tired. Its a big deal to stop so Ive heard but ready go through with it, but id like to know if its possible that long term Kolonopin use eventually stops me from getting restorative sleep or is it the only thing thats helping???? It would mean so much to me if you guys could chime in any knowledge. ;)

There are a host of other medications that can knock you out; sedating antidepressants such as trazodone, mirtazapine and doxepin. I have a script for Ativan but he doesn't want me using the benzos for sleep because of tolerance and the inevitable rebound insomnia.

Hi and welcome to Bluelight! If you are waking up really tired, you could try taking it earlier. Do you currently sleep through the night for the most part? The trouble with sedatives is sometimes they lose their effectiveness as your tolerance builds like above post mentioned. This happened to me with temazepam. If you decide to stop using them a taper is recommended. With this class of drugs, abruptly quitting can have dangerous consequences. So talk with your doctor if you decide to do this.