• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

The methadone and heroin theory

Jezebeladaline

Greenlighter
Say someone was on 45ml of methadone and they decided to smash 1 point. Before methadone, they could easily split the point into two sessions or have it all at once. So they don't have a huge tolerance. Then this person had 60 days clean, on just methadone. Not many effect were felt before s huge desire to sleep .
In 3 hours the option to take a dose of methadone is required. The last dose was 12 hours prior. Is this safe ?

Methadone makes the tolerance bigger so its harder to feel the h. Its safe unless you feel your at risk for overdose

in 2013 I wound up hooked on both methadone and dope. My body expected both.

Doesnt seem like this really adds anything ^ and OP dont fool yourself 60 days on methadone is the complete opposite of clean its just another opiate besides diamorphine...

Both myself and my ex g/f were still shooting up when we got on methadone but once you get a few days into it doing heroin becomes pointless. Prior to methadone i could get a good shot off of 2-3 bags of ECP after methadone i shot up a total of 8 bags in one shot before deeming it to be pointless. That 8 bag shot would have literally killed me prior to methadone (maybe not but for dramatic effect sure) after methadone all it did was make my hands hurt and my face hot.

Methadone will block the majority of heroins effects. People still mix them but it is best to stop heroin when on methadone as it is not worth it. There is also the risk of over dose as you have to increase the amount you are using and although you dont get much from it, it will still depress your breathing and can kill you.

Doesnt seem like this really adds anything ^ and OP dont fool yourself 60 days on methadone is the complete opposite of clean its just another opiate besides diamorphine...

Anyone who is doing well, maintaining on Methadone Maintenance and rebuilding their lives in the process, please disregard this guy. Why would you rebut against someone for making a comment that you found inconsequential to the argument. Philosophically, I think your argument is like two mirrors facing each other and your actions today could potentially cause you to cease existing.

OP, could you clarify your original post a little bit. I didn't quite understand it. At any rate, you really shouldn't mix these Methadone and Heroin. It's hard to guage the correct dose. Some use too much and kill themselves by overdosing, so use caution, but the more likely scenario is that you will experience either minimal or non-existent effects from the dope. Even if you do get some effects from the Heroin, it's not going to have the same euphoria as if you weren't on Methadone.

I used to abuse methadone but keep the dose around 40mgs so I could use on top of it. If you are now on more and have been on it for that long it has built up in your system and concentrations have about doubled. You would have to be sober from Methadone for a few days or more to get high. If there isn't enough in your system to form a blockade then you run the risk of overdose.

Methadone forms a blockade around 70-80mgs and once you get acclimated to a dose higher than this it doesn't have much in the way of euphoric effects. Methadone is a full agonist and it is maintenance but it stops getting the user high and is theraputic because it also forms a blockade preventing the use of other opioids to get high. It does still hinder hormone production which has negative effects both mentally and physically.

Buprenorphine is a partial agonist or a mixed agonist/antagonist. It has a high affinity for the opioid receptors but relatively low activity (the affinity doesn't translate to a comparable amount of activity the way you could compare different full agonists) it is still a potent opioid but if dosed properly and not in a dose that is sensible when taking the users tolerance into account, it still forms a blockade but doesn't exhibit the typical pacifying opioid effects. Holding the user and forming a blockade but not exhibiting the narcotic effects. In this way it allows hormone levels to normalize somewhat and it doesn't pacify anxiety problems or depression as methadone or other full agonists tend to do. Methadone is better suited to long term opioid replacement in my opinion but has more therapeutic value that being "just another opioid like morphine". That is an ignorant as fuck statement.

Both these medications afford stability for the addict and can be used in various ways. The societal stigma surrounding both of these chemicals is ridiculous and if more people understood the science behind them, I really think it would help make things easier on addicts utilizing these therapys.

I made the mistake of telling people. I get friends and family just kind of rolling their eyes at me, constantly talking about it in a dismissive manner and it's frustrating but all I can do is try to educate them and show them that they are wrong. These medications can either allow an addict stability for the rest of their life and increase their quality of life if they wont be successful without or they can be an invaluable tool in allowing them to be stable and safe while they work on recovery and getting their life in order and taper down when they all have those supports in place.

Last edited:
Of course they help u to be stable and out of WD its because it IS another opiate like morphine dont fool yourself now obviously id rather have some morphine over methadone but that doesnt mean if i was with no opiates id turn down nodding and feeling good. Its just another opiate, a synthetic one...

Keif- he is just a snarky kid who thinks he knows everything, just ignore him. He hasnt a clue. Like a spoiled child he doesnt respect or appreciate other opinions or views. He also prides himself on being "strong" and not dumb enough to get addicted to drugs. Those that do are "weak." so ignore him, he knows nothing about mmt. If he ever used done it was to get high. I cant stand smug no it alls! Ignorance!

IME if you're below 60mg (I'm assuming its 1mg/mL?? otherwise theres no way to quantify how much methadone the OP is taking), Methadone does not at all block strong opiates like heroin, especially when used intravenously. It has also been my experience that if you take decent break from the heroin and just use the methadone at a below blocking dosage, that yes, you will get way more fucked up off of the heroin (if you take the heroin after your methadone). In fact this can be quite dangerous and used to fuck me up royally. Yes Methadone is a strong opioid but 45mg is not a very high dosage, and in fact a few months ago when I was held up in a hospital for sepsis, even 60 mg barely took away my withdrawal symptoms from the BTH (which I strangely find much harder to withdraw from than NY/NJ ECP-I believe it has to due with the cruder synthesis allowing more alkaloids that aren't necessarily binding to opiate receptors being included in the final product).

Also, remember that while cross tolerant, methadone and heroin are metabolized very differently and are also administered differently (in fact heroin is a prodrug, just a faster delivery system for morphine to burst through your blood brain barrier). This also plays a role in how one can still get high off of heroin while on methadone.