The Lounge

Crunb

Greenlighter
Hey guys, I've heard a lot about a forum on this site called The Lounge? It seems like a fun place to visit but I can't for the life of me find it. Thanks!

You don't have enough posts to post there. You need 50 posts before you're aloud to enter.

Also, word of advice, you don't want any part of that place.

When in the Lounge, (in my case, most sub forums I've been in), the BLUA only applies to certain individuals, and if for some reason you're not liked by either a moderator or a friend of a moderator, you will be infracted for minor offenses or even fabricated offenses. All the while you will be receiving mass abuse from both moderators and standard users. The thing is, because you're not liked, when you receive abuse from both users and moderators alike, no disciplinary action will be taken, and they will be given free passes or get out of infraction free cards. They have free reign to dish out as much abuse as they want on you.

In other words that place is all risk and no profit.

Last edited:
hey crunb

as stated, you'll have access to the lounge once you become a bluelighter (50 posts).

also, remember that there are two sides to every coin. one butthurt person's abusive cess-pit is another's social, lulzy nirvana. ymmv.

welcome to bluelight!

alasdair

Thanks alasdairm! I had a feeling it had something to do with being a bluelighter. And I don't plan on giving people a reason to not like me so I'm not worried about that. I like to keep things civil.

hey crunb

as stated, you'll have access to the lounge once you become a bluelighter (50 posts).

also, remember that there are two sides to every coin. one butthurt person's abusive cess-pit is another's social, lulzy nirvana. ymmv.

welcome to bluelight!

alasdair

Since you allowed my thread to turn into a trolls den, I'm going to respond to something you said to me in this thread.

on your suggestion that droppersneck is somehow a staff favourite and is let off as a result, you're simply wrong. that user has 15 infractions and 9 warnings on his record. the idea that he's getting a pass from lounge staff because of who he is is laughable nonsense.

I didn't suggest that Dropper is somehow a staff favorite. Although, he seems pretty close to one of the moderators I've had past quarrels with. I'm suggesting that Lounge moderators are meticulously targeting users they don't like, like me, and enforcing maximum punishment for minor offenses, all the while other users and even moderators themselves can pretty much run a muck. Also, when instances of abuse pertains to the users they don't like, like when Dropper verbally assaulted me and spewed homophobic hate speech, they make an effort not to do anything about it. Now if I were Mel22, would this have gone differently?

You and I both know that if I were Mel22 Droppersneck would be serving a tempban right about now.

All I want is fair treatment. If other users are getting passes, everyone should be getting passes. If other users are getting infractions on spot for minor offenses, then everyone should be getting them for minor offenses.

And no Alasdair, the Lounge never used to be like this. Although, ironically enough it didn't go completely down hill until just recently. I blame the questionable placement of particular staff members. Staff members which have a history of being discriminatory, hot headed and a history of both starting and finishing quarrels. Which really makes we question the integrity of Bluelight's administration.

context and intent are taken into account and the decision about what is and is not appropriate is made not by you but by the lounge staff. i'll have somebody review the incident.

Thanks again for confirming that the BLUA is null and is up to the moderators to decide who they enforce it upon.

You should really sticky that.

Last edited:
Since you allowed my thread to turn into a trolls den...
i closed the thread when it derailed. you're just making stuff up now.
I didn't suggest that Dropper is somehow a staff favorite. Although, he seems pretty close to one of the moderators I've had past quarrels with. I'm suggesting that Lounge moderators are meticulously targeting users they don't like, like me, and enforcing maximum punishment for minor offenses, all the while other users and even moderators themselves can pretty much run a muck. Also, when instances of abuse pertains to the users they don't like, like when Dropper verbally assaulted me and spewed homophobic hate speech, they make an effort not to do anything about it. Now if I were Mel22, would this have gone differently?

You and I both know that if I were Mel22 Droppersneck would be serving a tempban right about now.

All I want is fair treatment. If other users are getting passes, everyone should be getting passes. If other users are getting infractions on spot for minor offenses, then everyone should be getting them for minor offenses.
i disagree.
And no Alasdair, the Lounge never used to be like this.
i disagree.
Although, ironically enough it didn't go completely down hill until just recently. I blame the questionable placement of particular staff members. Staff members which have a history of being discriminatory, hot headed and a history of both starting and finishing quarrels. Which really makes we question the integrity of Bluelight's administration.
thanks for the feedback.
Thanks again for confirming that the BLUA is null and is up to the moderators to decide who they enforce it upon.
i disagree that's what's happening.

alasdair

i closed the thread when it derailed. you're just making stuff up now.

alasdair

How are threads able to be derailed if moderators and administrators alike are enforcing the BLUA?

Hmmm makes you wonder?

Nice broken record response. I'm sure anyone who reads this will be convinced there are no double standards going on here. I'm totally totally convinced now.

Thanks for your time anyway. Glad to know you're taking this seriously.

How are threads able to be derailed if moderators and administrators alike are enforcing the BLUA?
because there's an axis of time. posters derailed the thread between staff visits.

we're not sitting staring at every thread, waiting to jump on troublemakers. all bluelight staff are volunteers and have other burdens on their time beyond bluelight.

just because you're not getting the response you would like, doesn't mean i'm not taking your comments seriously.

alasdair

Thanks alasdairm! I had a feeling it had something to do with being a bluelighter. And I don't plan on giving people a reason to not like me so I'm not worried about that. I like to keep things civil.

You sure your looking for TL:)

let me just say that the Lounge isn't as intimidating as most say

it's a social forum and like most social interactions with new humans penetrating the group there is a process of give and take. for example, if you were the new person at some new job; it wouldn't be wise to immediately jump in the place and start pissing everywhere and offending everyone. as the new person at some job, chances are you have to take some shit from the more tenured co-workers, and show at least a modicum of respect

if you fail to do so then the shit storm usually happens. I don't care about G&L one way - but I've noticed that this his case

come to the Lounge. be yourself. show some respect. expect to take a little bit of shit. see if you like it. if you are one of the many new members that do like the place - then stay. this is basic human interaction 101