The judge withheld my adjudication.

LiLc

Ex-Bluelighter
Okay like the title says, the judge withheld my ajudication for 2 felony charges, 1 wich was burglary and the other wich was grand theft, i got sentenced to 2 years probation, 100 hours community service and have to pay the restitution.... but my question is... what exactly does it mean that the judge withheld my adjudication? does it mean im technically not convicted of my charges? does it show up on a background check? im lost... help me out guys. thanks - lilc

A withhold means you were not adjudged guilty. If you satisfy the conditions of your sentence, you will not have a conviction on your record. The record of the arrest, and the fact that you entered a plea of guilty or no contest will remain available to the public unless it's sealed or expunged.

If you violate your probation, you can be adjudged guilty and sentenced to prison.

forgotten said:
A withhold means you were not adjudged guilty. If you satisfy the conditions of your sentence, you will not have a conviction on your record. The record of the arrest, and the fact that you entered a plea of guilty or no contest will remain available to the public unless it's sealed or expunged.

If you violate your probation, you can be adjudged guilty and sentenced to prison.

perfect... not much else to say

Yea no shit, but I thought he meant did I hire a private lawyer....