View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The holy trinity - Shrooms, acid and cactus

CrypticArc

Bluelighter
I've been tripping a bit lately and may be happening to come across a couple of substances soon that I've only heard legends about in combination; the Holy Trinity of psychedelics - that is - a tryptamine (psilocybin), a phenethylamine (mescaline) and their love-child, a lysergamide (lsd). Has anyone got any experience taking all of these things together? I can't find too much with the immediate results of a google search. I'm wondering if my mind will be safe, as I do have minor symptoms of HPPD (words on the computer screen occasionally wiggling, road lines moving around slightly, nothing too serious). It has never affected my life, though. If you have an experience report, post it here or link it.

Yeah i did once, don't do it. Psychedelics, I've learned, should not be combined with each other, especially when one of those psychedelics is LSD. Sure, sometimes they can be fun, but the trip is always more valuable, at least in my experience, when used alone, or at least not combined with another classical psychedelic. I'd just take the mushrooms with the cactus, both in low doses (around 1.5g mushrooms, and about a 1"2X4" piece of cactus) if you must combine psychedelics, that is one of the psych combos i truly enjoy. It'll be harsh on your stomach, but if you time your doses right, fast, and consume fairly slowly, you should be fine. Acid, I find, is too powerful to combined with any other psychedelics.

I like stacking psychs, usually puts me farther out than anyone drug alone.
I'm extremely fond of the shroom/LSD combo, though I know some would feel it a waste, but the time I've done it they synergized wonderfully.

As for the trinity lol I'd just lower your dosage for each to be safe and def update us on how it went.

Mushrooms and lsd is a nice mix if does are low. More then 1.5g of mushrooms with more than 1 hit of lsd can get very confusing with me. I just end up sitting around in a strange state of tripping. Its not very fun for me. If they are low i get amazing energy and and mind space. Adding another pyschedelic to the mix would have me not knowing which direction to go in.

I always thought as lsd+mdma+ket as a holy trinity. Each substance add its own special body to the experince. The three mix very well with me. I dont get foggy thoughts at all. I dont question which substance is trying to out do the other. Just amazing clarity and connection.

Mushrooms and lsd is a nice mix if does are low. More then 1.5g of mushrooms with more than 1 hit of lsd can get very confusing with me. I just end up sitting around in a strange state of tripping. Its not very fun for me. If they are low i get amazing energy and and mind space. Adding another pyschedelic to the mix would have me not knowing which direction to go in.

I always thought as lsd+mdma+ket as a holy trinity. Each substance add its own special body to the experince. The three mix very well with me. I dont get foggy thoughts at all. I dont question which substance is trying to out do the other. Just amazing clarity and connection.

Well MDMA is a phenethylamine if I'm not mistaken, and shrooms and ketamine are both a bit paralyzing if you ask me (of course shrooms to a lesser extent), so I could imagine how it might make for a different, yet in some ways, similar combination. Not saying shrooms and ketamine are similar, but in such an overwhelming case, shrooms theoretically might play a similar, albeit slightly more stimulating, roll. Honestly out of the MDMA I've had, compared to the mescaline, mescaline makes me feel even more "happy-love-orgasm-ness". Either way, I would assume the substances would sweep you away into psychedelia seamlessly, assuming you know what you're doing. I'd consider both combos to be holy trinities.

I may take the whole T. McKenna approach and go with "the more psychedelics, the better". The only trip I've ever had where I was totally out of my body connected with the godhead, was DMT. I'd like to reach as deep down as possible without it taking a turn for the worse. I meditate semi-frequently and have a good grip on reality, but I also know my limits and don't want to exceed them. I may, however, have to take this one for the team, just for the trip report.

Last edited:
It's true that MDMA and mescaline are both phenethylamines, but they have different physiological effects - MDMA (which does not have much psychedelic effect) releases serotonin and dopamine in your brain, while mescaline and other true psychedelics are agonists at the serotonin receptors but do not cause significant release of any neurotransmitters. MDMA is also an amphetamine (that's what the A stands for ;)) while mescaline is not. Generally people find it easier to combine a psychedelic with MDMA than with another psychedelic (let alone two, heh). If you do end up doing this, I'd probably take the mescaline and LSD first, then when you start to feel them coming on take the mushrooms, so that they all peak around the same time.

An immense psychedelic experience in my past was combining mescaline cactus, mushrooms and smoked DMT at the peak. It was nothing short of psychedelic mecca. I'd take it easy on the LSD and mushrooms dose. Other than that, shouldn't be any serious problems, except perhaps nausea. I've never had a good trip combining LSD and mushrooms, but many people like it. Venture carefully.

Trying to choke down cactus snot while tripping on acid sounds like fun - psychedelic gipping!

Well MDMA is a phenethylamine if I'm not mistaken, and shrooms and ketamine are both a bit paralyzing if you ask me (of course shrooms to a lesser extent), so I could imagine how it might make for a different, yet in some ways, similar combination. Not saying shrooms and ketamine are similar, but in such an overwhelming case, shrooms theoretically might play a similar, albeit slightly more stimulating, roll. Honestly out of the MDMA I've had, compared to the mescaline, mescaline makes me feel even more "happy-love-orgasm-ness". Either way, I would assume the substances would sweep you away into psychedelia seamlessly, assuming you know what you're doing. I'd consider both combos to be holy trinities.

I may take the whole T. McKenna approach and go with "the more psychedelics, the better". The only trip I've ever had where I was totally out of my body connected with the godhead, was DMT. I'd like to reach as deep down as possible without it taking a turn for the worse. I meditate semi-frequently and have a good grip on reality, but I also know my limits and don't want to exceed them. I may, however, have to take this one for the team, just for the trip report.

If you are trying to find anything similar to a DMT experience. Mediating on solid does of lsd will probably take you closer than a combo of psychedelics. A focused mind will work much better then a confused one. DMT is like no other psychedelic. You are forced through a consciousness in seconds. One that may seem scary to let go of giving the time frame of other pychedelics. Your ego may not want to let go. That is why having a clear and focused head space is important.

This is your journey use the tools properly.

I've been considering mushrooms + cactus, but I personally would leave out the LSD. I don't feel as psychologically safe on it as I do on the other, more naturally-occurring substances.

I like combining drugs that are complementary or if they are psychedelics only if they are considerably different and - importantly - if one is the more potent narrative compound and the other one the enhancer. 2C-B on acid for example has pretty much always been nice for me.
Stacking full-on psychedelics tends to feel redundant and very hit or miss for me. While I have experimental tendencies, I think combining like that strives past the point and very wild combinations can seem to me like a demonstration of poor self-control or testing oneself out haphazardly.
So no mixing of classical psychedelics for me, only if you have a good reason to use the particularly soul-therapeutic and MDMA-like powers of mescaline.

Besides, the holy trinity was supposed to be LSD, MDMA and ketamine. ;) Talk about being full on complementary / synergistic!

only had the chance to do mescaline twice, and both were synthetic, not peyote.....if i ever did get ahold of peyote i would do it by itself

that being said, some of my funnest trips ever were shrooms and acid together!!! for sure one of my faves!!!

gonna be doing some allyescaline and 4 aco det together very soon :)

I've has san pedro extraction + LSD + 4-aco-dmt once. 1.5 stamps of LSD, about 8 oz of san pedro slush and about 4 hours later 10mg of 4-aco-dmt. Overall at those doses it was very pleasant. There was a gentle, mescaline energy rolling over a generally LSD-like experience. Visuals had the depth and beauty of mescaline but surfaces had shifting fractals and visuals were stronger than mescaline alone. Later on when I took the 4-aco-dmt, visuals became very intense, high-speed, faces in everything etc. I felt very high and very at peace (I was at a cabin in the woods), but did not loose myself completely.