• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

The high of concerta?

Jackindahat

Greenlighter
Hi guys not rlly sure where to post this because I'm new but here we go!

Sup guys,

So i recently got a prescription for 27 mg of Concerta, and i took 27 MG (by mouth)at about 11 am (its 10 pm now where i am) And i just snorted another 27 mg and im most likley going to snort another 27 mg in about 3 hrs whta type of high am i going to get? i know you just get very energetic but is their any trippy stuff like hallucinating ? plz answer thanks

Snorting Concerta? Wow. So you managed to crack the shell and crush the contents? I wonder how safe that is with the unique extended release mechanism.

I've never noticed any hallucinations from methylphenidate, but hallucinations can occur with stimulant overdose (including methylphenidate) and also from a result of sleep deprivation (if you use stimulants to stay up for a long time). I'd guess that you are more likely to feel anxiety than hallucinate. I've felt some mild euphoria on Concerta/methylphenidate, but only for a short period of time - the first hour or two the first few times I took it or increased the dose, or snorted an instant release pill.

I have had euphoric, almost ecstasy-like experiences by coingesting Concerta/methylphenidate with alcohol. When coingested, they metabolize into ethylphenidate which is extremely euphoric for me. YMMV. I do not recommend this as the hangover is extremely brutal; you deal with the alcohol hangover AND the after effects of a heavy stimulant all at once. I've felt subjectively worse on alcohol hangovers alone, but ethylphenidate hangovers with moderate doses of each are bad in their own way, as you are able to function and move around even after properly re-hydrated but feel so burnt out mentally. And it can take a long time for your appetite to come back.

Wht is the best way to do it? And yes cracking the shell was easy all I did was cut it with a knife. Anyway should I continue to snort it? Or should i try and parachute it? And what is the comedown like? Also how long should it last

Please don't bump your own threads, especially not after a few minutes. If you post a topic and it doesn't receive a reply in several days, and you require an answer still, then a bump is usually considered okay, but posting again after 5 minutes is just considered spam.

Along with this, Concerta, aka Methylphenidate, is a Norepinephrine-Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitor (NDRI), which makes it a stimulant, and not a psychedelic or hallucinogen in any way so belongs in Other Drugs or Basic Drug Discussion in the case of such a simple question. Please make sure you know where to make your post in future. I've gone ahead and moved this over to BDD for you though.

PD -> BDD

As far as your question goes, as I said, Methylphenidate is a stimulant, it does not have any hallucinogenic action, though like all stimulants in overdose it can cause paranoid delusions and psychosis. The high itself is similar to other NDRIs like MDPV and a-PVP, and is similar to Serotonin-Norepinephrine-Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitors (SNDRIs) like Cocaine too. The comedown however can be particularly unpleasant and is one of the worst in its class in this respect - Methylphenidate is one of the few stimulants I'd be unlikely to ever touch again just because of how rough and unpleasant the comedown was when abused.

I'd advise that you stick to oral dosing, snorting it produces a greater high but the comedown is also greatly amplified, but to each their own.

Last edited:
Wow I knew about the Cocaine + alcohol but I had no idea about the concerta + alcohol making ethylphenidate....going to have to try that sometime, not really a big drinker or stimulant user though. Don't know you people crack the concerta shell though...I managed to defeat Exalgo but only to take it all at once!

I used to use a pill splitter to crack the shell, then peel it off. I actually did it just so I could take smaller IR doses instead of having a big dose that lasts for 10 hours. There's the outer hard shell, then another clear shell inside, then the different colored segments. IIRC one of them is instant release, one is delayed release, and another is not the drug itself but just something to help push out the drug.

I want to reiterate that mixing methylphenidate + alcohol, at least for me, has a terrible comedown/hangover. It's not like an alcohol hangover which can be reduced in severity as long as you have plenty of water (and can keep it down) and eat some food. I have memories of going out to dinner at a steakhouse the day after mixing the two, and feeling so mentally exhausted and burnt out that I really didn't want to go and couldn't enjoy the food even though it should have been delicious. I was physically feeling fine at the time. When I would use this combination, I didn't have access to or knowledge of other, better drugs.

I used to use a pill splitter to crack the shell, then peel it off. I actually did it just so I could take smaller IR doses instead of having a big dose that lasts for 10 hours. There's the outer hard shell, then another clear shell inside, then the different colored segments. IIRC one of them is instant release, one is delayed release, and another is not the drug itself but just something to help push out the drug.

I want to reiterate that mixing methylphenidate + alcohol, at least for me, has a terrible comedown/hangover. It's not like an alcohol hangover which can be reduced in severity as long as you have plenty of water (and can keep it down) and eat some food. I have memories of going out to dinner at a steakhouse the day after mixing the two, and feeling so mentally exhausted and burnt out that I really didn't want to go and couldn't enjoy the food even though it should have been delicious. I was physically feeling fine at the time. When I would use this combination, I didn't have access to or knowledge of other, better drugs.

I did the same with Hydromorphone ER, I'd break 16mg ER tabs up and remove the anti-abuse bullshit so I could take 6-8mg of HydroM at once instead of 24 hours of HydroM that didn't work that great on my pain. Tore my nails up trying to do that everyday though! The HydroM tabs I had and the Concerta are the same exact system that uses Osmosis to push the drug slowly out at a constant rate, its called the push pull system or something I think? Either way I kicked its ass and got 8mg of HydroM and felt fucking amazing. I used to do allot of dexmethylphenidate and the come down felt like complete shit, alcohol hangerovers I rarely get but then again I don't drink tell I get shit faced since I'm on opioids 24/7.

yeah not hard to outer shell off just the clear shell is the hardest to get off usually just crush it up and scrape the white and orange part out then snort it

Don't bother even trying to use Ritalin as a hallucinogen. The doses you would need to induce hallucinations are incredibly high and will invariably also provoke severe anxiety, mood swings, panic attacks, paranoia, very nasty headaches, extremely harsh palpitations/tachycardia, huge blood pressure spikes, and possibly confusion and disorientation; it'll almost certainly turn into a trip to the ER.

Don't bother even trying to use Ritalin as a hallucinogen. The doses you would need to induce hallucinations are incredibly high and will invariably also provoke severe anxiety, mood swings, panic attacks, paranoia, very nasty headaches, extremely harsh palpitations/tachycardia, huge blood pressure spikes, and possibly confusion and disorientation; it'll almost certainly turn into a trip to the ER.

This!

Nonetheless it's still an extremely stupid idea, so it bears repeating that in case anyone else has the same idea.