Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Great Loner Pop Swindle

CrayZ

Bluelighter
Let me first say that I am a Tame Impala fan - their first album Innerspeaker I rate among one of my favourites.

Sadly, nothing seemed to grab me from the latest album Lonerism, but when it was voted JJJ album of the year and then again by NME I figured I must have been missing something so I went and bought it.

Whilst I don't want to dis it too much, I'm pretty disappointed. After half a dozen listens I still can't work out what all the fuss was about. Can anyone fill me in? Is this a real live example of the Emperor's New Clothes?

(Frankly, I think Flume pisses all over it). What would your album of 2012 have been?

i have never really thought much of tame impala. they are regurgitating an old sound. although, i thought their latest effort was an improvement on their first.

flume is fairly different genre/style/sound to tame impala so i guess it like apples and oranges. flume is more up my alley atm. if i want that old trippy rock sound i listen to floyd.

Yeah, I don't know, but it seemed like ALOT of triple J presenters where obsessed with tame impala.

A little too obsessed if you ask me.

Just made me think that they had a bit more to do with the radio station then it seems (impala that is).

I think it's impossible to compare Flume and Tame Impala, different genres.

I do like that new Flume album though.

Last edited: