• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe The Great Debate (actually no debate). Can or do you get high off of buprenorphine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyAllen23

Greenlighter
The reason why i ask is because this seams like a topic that is frequently if not at time's heatedly debated.Two weeks ago i was placed on Zubsolv 5.7-1.4mg twice daily.Sometimes i break individual pills into half's. While other times if im not really looking to tie one on ive broken it into quarters for a euphoric feeling that at times can last between 20-30 minutes. And while Odds are likely that my own personal sample usage has not been long enough to draw any definitive conclusions ive personally enjoyed some serious buzz time.And as someone who has battled periodic bouts of insomnia have found talking half a pill can put me lights out in under 15 minutes without fail.
Some on this forum will say the same. While other's become extremely ass hurt with what could best be described as borderline aggression toward even the notion one could catch a high off sub.
Is this just simply a case of different peoples body's work in different ways?

Last edited by a moderator:
Without opiate tolerance of course you can get high. Taking bupe every day it is hard to get high. I found that if I would take very low doses and wait 14 hrs between doses I could get a pleasurable effect from bupe but after I discovered kratom I pretty much lost all interest in bupe. Kratom is so much better all around.

You know ive heard this a few times before that once you do begin developing a healthy tolerance the last thing you wanna do is pile on with more .That instead you actually wanna do the opposite and cut back to smaller doses.

If you're wondering if buprenorphine can get someone high, you need to watch the film Riendeer Spotting about just this.

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked and its actually on You Tube. Im going to try to sit down and watch it this weekend.

i dunno, seems like some people get high but i have dosed from 0.5mg-32mg and i couldn't tell you the difference between doses - 2mg feels the same as 32mg. and i felt nothing of a "high" ever, anytime i tried. the low doses wouldn't keep me from being dopesick was the only difference i noticed.

i have only used it a couple times when I was clean off all opiates for a couple years(so no tolerance at the time of taking the subs).. my friend randomly had a box and since it had been a couple years since I have touched any opiate I decided to try some. I did get high but it wasn't enjoyable, rather groggy and made me sick to the point where I could not stop puking. Have not done it since because it was not enjoyable compared to my oxy/fent habit. sadly a couple yeas after that I got hooked back onto the oxy/fent/h. today is my 8 day on the kick.

Not much of a debate.. Yes it gets you high tolerance permitting. No it most likely won't if you take more than 1-2mgs daily.

If you're wondering if buprenorphine can get someone high, you need to watch the film Riendeer Spotting about just this.
i watched this 4 years ago while I was prescribed Subutex and was HELLA jealous those mufuckers was gettin faded on subs and there was no way possible I could even catch a buzz on the shit! Lol

I started watching this. I don't get how they are getting high on this though, I mean there must be no other opioids available where they live. I used to shoot suboxone and while it works great as a maintenance drug it's really not well suited to recreational use. When I was using it every day I would often not even feel my dose. Thats how bad it is.

Buprenorphine, if one is not tolerant to other opioids, is very potent and powerful. I probably spent a good two years using buprenorphine as my recreational opioid of choice, way before I ever tried to get help or ended up trying it as an ORT medication. A lot depends on the individual, the way they use and what they're looking to get out of the experience.

Something else worth noting is that those folks were pretty much just using Temegesic buprenorphine - so like 0.3mg (or something <1mg) per dose, which would lend itself (particularly IV) to more of an agonist effect.

I got really high on suboxone when I used it without much opiate tolerance too, but I feel like the high fades within a few days of daily use. did you use continue to get high day after day?

I probably used it 3-6 days a week, and although I did have to increase the dose (from 1-2mg to 4-6mg per session) I most definitely got "high" from it (high for me is zero social anxiety, so it isn't like I was necessarily on the nod or anything, although I could achieve that too, if as not intensely as is possible with short acting full agonists - but I don't particularly like those kind of intense and overpowering kind of effects).

I used it in this way pretty consistently for about six months before stopping for other reasons. Prior to that I'd been using it sporadically (also using full agonists sporadically) when I could, averaging 0.5-2mg/dose depending on tolerance.

Keep in mind I wasn't particularly tolerant to opioids, at most with only a mild tolerance to heroin and oxycodone at the time. I have also experienced the high fading in a matter of days when using buprenorphine with more tolerance to other opioids, so I know where you all are coming from when someone mentions it doesn't get them high. When used as ORT getting high from it required potentiation for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is stupid, of course it can get you high. It's a weird drug - being partial agonist partial antagonist, no-doubt. But it definitely gets you high if you don't have an opiate tolerance.

short answer is YES. long term maintenance user of bupe here (6 years)... i dose every day at 10- 12 mgs, i like to call the way i feel all day every day "comfortably numb"... not even kidding i just live with a numbness that the bupe provides, I'm constantly sleepy, i have fluctuations of high energy levels, I'm in mostly good moods, i love it... i love being on bupe.

Even with an extreme tolerance to full agonists, I get a "good" feel from bupe, though too much I find much more sedating.

Rtp

i think the only people who want to debate it are either:

a) curious, non-opiate tolerant/non-addicted individuals who just can't wrap their heads around the conflicting opinions
b) opiate tolerant/addicted individuals attempting to catch a buzz out of the despair of ORT after full agonists
c) those who've never had access to other opiates yet became addicted to bupe and are chasing the high their non-tolerant selves felt

Is this actually a debate?

That was my thought too :\

The long duration of action gives you fewer peaks and valleys, but yes, of course you can get high off bupe, but if you're using it as a maintenance therapeutic, it's unlikely you'll notice it

Status
Not open for further replies.