Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

The Globalization of Drugs

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
The Globalization of Drugs
FEB. 27, 2014

To the Editor:

Your Feb. 25 editorial “The Capture of Chapo Guzmán” correctly noted that drug consumption in the United States contributes to violence and instability abroad. But, increasingly, drug consumption is a globalized phenomenon. Outdated notions of drug “consumer” and drug “supplier” distinctions have fallen away.

I have visited drug treatment centers throughout Central and South America that are treating their populations for substance use disorders. In Mexico, a former first lady, Margarita Zavala, made drug treatment one of her signature efforts. A recent report from Brazil indicates greater crack cocaine use there than in the United States.

Since 2006, the rate of cocaine use in the United States has decreased by 40 percent, and cocaine shipments have increased significantly to expanding markets in Africa, Spain and the European Union. We should recognize that every country has a drug problem, and that only by using a balanced strategy of prevention, treatment and law enforcement will we be successful in further reducing this problem.

GIL KERLIKOWSKE
Director, Office of National Drug Control Policy
Washington, Feb. 25, 2014

So I guess this person wants to do more of the same shit that has utterly failed.. way to think things through KERLIKOWSKE8(

NSFW:
assclown%20classic%20thumb%20200.jpg

Last edited:
Um, duh. Producers becoming users has been an issue since the British were cultivating poppies in India.

The ignorance is staggering...

Such banter is to be expected from the Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy as he most likely stands to lose a lot (like his job) should drug laws be reformed.

The same type of biased, ulterior motive-bullshit was repeatedly spouted from the greedy mouths of countless slave traders and plantation owners when there began to be talk of abolishing slavery in the US.

I think calling him ignorant is probably giving the guy a little more credit than he deserves. I feel that the words greedy, deceitful, and sociopathic paint a more accurate portrait of Gilly boy.